OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, Navy, Gtown, Mystics, 2019-2020, Vol 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I can see expanding playoffs but the picking the opponent will never happened.

Yeah I don't get the picking an opponent stuff. Thats something you'd expect from something like the XFL. Re-seeding based on record is different though.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Yeah I don't get the picking an opponent stuff. Thats something you'd expect from something like the XFL. Re-seeding based on record is different though.

I heard a good deal of talk about picking your opponents in the NHL. In fact I had only heard it in the NHL til this.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

There is evidence that the Nats knew the Astros were stealings signs. The Astros clearly knew what Strasburg was going to throw early in game 6. Strasburg said that after the 2nd inning he and the pitching coach decided he was tipping his pitches. Which is a crock. They knew the signs were getting stolen and they changed what they were doing.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
There is evidence that the Nats knew the Astros were stealings signs. The Astros clearly knew what Strasburg was going to throw early in game 6. Strasburg said that after the 2nd inning he and the pitching coach decided he was tipping his pitches. Which is a crock. They knew the signs were getting stolen and they changed what they were doing.

Sounds like that was a different issue

Reactions: Hivemind

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Sounds like that was a different issue

Oh. I saw that and remember it at the time. Flipping the glove was part of the changes they made but they weren't going to say Houston was stealing signs. They had to say something else.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
The annoying thing about the Wizards is that Scott Brooks would have been the right coach for that 2015 team and Randy Wittman would be the right coach for this team. Wittman would have had them playing much better defense.

Reactions: Bananas

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

Man the more that comes out the more this smells. Feels like MLB is asleep behind the wheel. And the players not getting any punishment is outrageous. I really hope some catchers seriously flame those astros hitters who participated this coming season.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
The annoying thing about the Wizards is that Scott Brooks would have been the right coach for that 2015 team and Randy Wittman would be the right coach for this team. Wittman would have had them playing much better defense.
Personally don't think Scott Brooks or Randy Whitman is the right coach for any team. Whitman just sucks, and Brooks couldn't win anything with three league MVPs on his roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad