OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, DC United, Navy, Gtown, etc., 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Ovie and the Caps and it's not even close, and it wasn't close last year either, and it'll never be close in the future. Alex Ovechkin is the sport of hockey in the DMV. Youth hockey participation numbers have skyrocketed since Ovechkin joined the Caps. He has made hockey and the Caps a thing in this area. Ovie also is one of the greatest of all-time with a resume and the boxcars to argue that he's one of the 10-15 greatest players to ever play the game. Bryce is a *****e who has been voted the Most Overrated Player in baseball by his peers. The only thing Ovechkin winning the Cup did to the Bryce/Alex comparison was solidify that Bryce will never be mentioned in the same breath as Alex. If you want a comparable, Bryce Harper is closer to Alex Semin than he is to Alex Ovechkin. Much closer.

I have Bryce and Kirk Cousins in the same book

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
What the hell is the matter with the University of Maryland's Athletic Dept? They go from a school with two quality coaches with intergrity in Williams in basketball and Friedgen in football. They fired Friedgen because he was fat and have been going down hill hard ever since

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
What the hell is the matter with the University of Maryland's Athletic Dept? They go from a school with two quality coaches with intergrity in Williams in basketball and Friedgen in football. They fired Friedgen because he was fat and have been going down hill hard ever since

Wallace Loh - Wikipedia

New President steps in a month before Fridge is fired, and 2 years later they're holding secret meetings to leave the ACC with Loh implying the decision was his. You can start looking there.

His job before becoming President of UMD was managing the budget for the entire Iowa state system, so he was already a money guy and a Big Ten guy.

I think such a thing likely changed the entire culture at the school.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Wallace Loh - Wikipedia

New President steps in a month before Fridge is fired, and 2 years later they're holding secret meetings to leave the ACC with Loh implying the decision was his. You can start looking there.

His job before becoming President of UMD was managing the budget for the entire Iowa state system, so he was already a money guy and a Big Ten guy.

I think such a thing likely changed the entire culture at the school.

As I live in NC cheering on the Terps was almost as easy from here as when I was in the DC area. I quit them easily when they went to the big 10. Firing Fridge was a really bad decision on many levels. Was that the last season that they were good?

Meanwhile what is about the DC Baltimore sports market? Davy Johnson fired as Orioles manager the day it was announced he was NL Manager of the Year. Fridge fired after winning ACC Coach of the Year. And now Trotz.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
As I live in NC cheering on the Terps was almost as easy from here as when I was in the DC area. I quit them easily when they went to the big 10. Firing Fridge was a really bad decision on many levels. Was that the last season that they were good?

Meanwhile what is about the DC Baltimore sports market? Davy Johnson fired as Orioles manager the day it was announced he was NL Manager of the Year. Fridge fired after winning ACC Coach of the Year. And now Trotz.
Trotz quit.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
i recognize that but losing a coach after winning a cup is odd. they could have kept him too. chose not to

Could they? He had a contract and didn't like it so he quit. IIRC he asked for way more than they were going to pay and I believe it was because he was never planning to come back since he was a dead man walking even before the Cup.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Could they? He had a contract and didn't like it so he quit. IIRC he asked for way more than they were going to pay and I believe it was because he was never planning to come back since he was a dead man walking even before the Cup.

Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad