OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, DC United, Navy, Gtown, etc., 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
Kind of wary of a full blowup or at least trading the team's most marketable superstar. IT would likely spell an end to 2018 and there'd be no meaningful baseball or no reason for me to follow the team until 2019. That's not good at all.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Kind of wary of a full blowup or at least trading the team's most marketable superstar. IT would likely spell an end to 2018 and there'd be no meaningful baseball or no reason for me to follow the team until 2019. That's not good at all.

Clearly the Nats have come to the realization that Harper is not resigning in DC so they are looking to shop him.

Having said that now it’s reported Rizzo is saying Harper won’t be traded. What a cluster ****.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
Good. They shouldn't. Also, the Orioles once came back from 51-52 to make the playoffs so don't count the Nats out.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

Maybe “financial flexibility” and Harpers comments about wanting to not be traded may point to Harper resigning.

EYEuhFRAYtee

Smile
Apr 28, 2004
The Orioles have been garbage since the Angelos take over. Forced me to stop watching them almost 20 years ago after being a fan since the early 80s.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Nicky Santoro

May 23, 2012
Montreal
Hello people of washington, i am very curious.. Who is more popular in Washington... Ovy or Bryce.. also, who is more popular in washington.. The Nats or the Caps? I think if i asked this question last yr, it'd be nats hands down, but now that the Caps won the cup, and nats are bad this yr, have the caps taken over the nats, or are the nats still ahead of them.

is it at least close? thx

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
When you go over their honors it’s like Robert Downey vs Tobey Maguire at the beginning of Tropic Thunder

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Harper is one of the biggest douchebags in pro sports. Ovechkin is worshipped in D.C. and liked in a lot of hockey cities not named Pittsburgh (and even some Pens fans like him).

I think the Caps are the more popular of a team as well even before the Cup win. Nationals have only been in the area since 2005.

Reactions: EYEuhFRAYtee

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Hello people of washington, i am very curious.. Who is more popular in Washington... Ovy or Bryce.. also, who is more popular in washington.. The Nats or the Caps? I think if i asked this question last yr, it'd be nats hands down, but now that the Caps won the cup, and nats are bad this yr, have the caps taken over the nats, or are the nats still ahead of them.

Bryce is on his way out of town, Ovi is a DC legend forever. Easy choice now.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

Ovie and the Caps and it's not even close, and it wasn't close last year either, and it'll never be close in the future. Alex Ovechkin is the sport of hockey in the DMV. Youth hockey participation numbers have skyrocketed since Ovechkin joined the Caps. He has made hockey and the Caps a thing in this area. Ovie also is one of the greatest of all-time with a resume and the boxcars to argue that he's one of the 10-15 greatest players to ever play the game. Bryce is a douche who has been voted the Most Overrated Player in baseball by his peers. The only thing Ovechkin winning the Cup did to the Bryce/Alex comparison was solidify that Bryce will never be mentioned in the same breath as Alex. If you want a comparable, Bryce Harper is closer to Alex Semin than he is to Alex Ovechkin. Much closer.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Ovie and the Caps and it's not even close, and it wasn't close last year either, and it'll never be close in the future. Alex Ovechkin is the sport of hockey in the DMV. Youth hockey participation numbers have skyrocketed since Ovechkin joined the Caps. He has made hockey and the Caps a thing in this area. Ovie also is one of the greatest of all-time with a resume and the boxcars to argue that he's one of the 10-15 greatest players to ever play the game. Bryce is a *****e who has been voted the Most Overrated Player in baseball by his peers. The only thing Ovechkin winning the Cup did to the Bryce/Alex comparison was solidify that Bryce will never be mentioned in the same breath as Alex. If you want a comparable, Bryce Harper is closer to Alex Semin than he is to Alex Ovechkin. Much closer.

Even non-hockey fans know Ovechkin. That man is a Washington DC icon now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad