OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, DC United, Navy, Gtown, etc., 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Wasn't it reported that the Nats offered Harper a 10 year/300 mil deal? If that is the case then those that held out a slim hope he would resign in DC can forget it. He won't settle for equal, or less, than what Machado got.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
If I ever have a kid I am going to make sure they give baseball a try. Ridiculous salaries and, compared to most other sports, not nearly as dangerous.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
If I ever have a kid I am going to make sure they give baseball a try. Ridiculous salaries and, compared to most other sports, not nearly as dangerous.

My not-quite-two year old son is already hitting balls off the tee. He also plays hockey every night with the mini-stick set that I bought him for Christmas. Kid loves sports and I'm pumped about it, though I hope he never asks to play football.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
So long as he's not interested in winning a World Series he made a fantastic choice. San Diego is one of the best places to live on the planet and people there don't care about sports so there will be little pressure to live up to the contract.

I was just gonna post this. He went to the place where he could get paid and be the star, but yet not have eggs thrown at him by local fans when he fails to deliver anything. Plus its America's Finest City and baseball season there is delightful weather all year long.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Manny in San Diego? Wow.

Is he still a first round draft pick in 12 teams league in fantasy baseball??

I mean, let’s talk about what REALLY matters??

Currently 17th OA on Yahoo but listed as not active due to contract situation, so not sure if that changes once officially signed and Yahoo updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad