Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Lakers have offered Lonzo Ball in a trade for John Wall

Source No. 1, a current NBA agent, surprised me by saying the story was true. The source said it’s something Rich Paul — agent to LeBron James and, as of January 2016, John Wall — was orchestrating. But, according to this source, the Wizards were saying no.
I was still dubious, so I checked with Source No. 2, another current NBA agent who’s at least as dialed in as Source No. 1. Source No. 2 said the rumor is true. This source said Ball and Caldwell-Pope were definitely in the deal, but that there was still discussion whether the third player would be Ingram, Josh Hart, or Kyle Kuzma.

DO IT!!

Ball and Kuzma. That would be the ticket. I'm not a huge fan of Ingram. That would make the team a more complete team, and Ball and Satoransky can easily manage the point. No problem. I like Kuzma a lot. Would allow team to explore trading Porter as well.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Wall to the Lakers? Would be nice to get out from under that Wall contract but how would Wall and LeBron work? Isn't one of the percieved issues with the Wiz is that Wall and Beal don't work well toegether? That Wall is always taking the final shot, and missing, in games? Crap like that. Anyway, they should do it.

First thing I thought of. No way Wall and Lebron co-exist unless Lebron puts him in his place as #2 right away. Which could happen.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
So the Gizzards traded Jason Smith and a 2nd rounder for Sam Dekker. Typical Ernie. Now the Gizz don’t have a 2nd round pick until 2023.

Sigh. All to save some money that dumbass Ernie spent poorly in the first place.

It’s time for me to copy all Gizz related posts with:

That said, Fire Ernie!

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
So the Gizzards traded Jason Smith and a 2nd rounder for Sam Dekker. Typical Ernie. Now the Gizz don’t have a 2nd round pick until 2023.

Sigh. All to save some money that dumbass Ernie spent poorly in the first place.

It’s time for me to copy all Gizz related posts with:

That said, Fire Ernie!

Wizards also got a second rounder in the deal

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
He’s probably worth half. ;)

I’d imagine some Nats fans are heartbroken.

I'm definitely not. I was more pro Harper back in 2015 but that last 3 years that eroded away for a few reasons. The only realistic financial chance to afford Harper would be to dump Zimmerman (glass man) and stick Harper at 1st base but MLB is not as cutthroat as other pro sports.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
If Leonsis lets Grungus deal major pieces the Wizards are doomed for a long, long time. It would be the very definition of a travesty...

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
If Leonsis lets Grungus deal major pieces the Wizards are doomed for a long, long time. It would be the very definition of a travesty...

I would generally agree.

That said, if they could fleece the Lakers out of Ball, Kuzma, and someone. Wow. I’d be ruthless and try and add Mahimni to the the deal. Add whatever salary back you need. Hopefully salary that expires this season.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
I would generally agree.

That said, if they could fleece the Lakers out of Ball, Kuzma, and someone. Wow. I’d be ruthless and try and add Mahimni to the the deal. Add whatever salary back you need. Hopefully salary that expires this season.

Wall is by far the best player in that deal.

Pass.

Grungus is the one exploring the options and weighing the decision, thus it has nothing to do to with a long term strategy to get this franchise out of it’s decades long malaise.

Super Extreme Hard Pass.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Wall might be the best individual player in that deal today, but if you can’t win because he can’t shoot and he won’t just facilitate for teammates, and he conflicts with teammates, what’s the point in paying him like he’s one of the best players in the NBA?

Reactions: Ridley Simon

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Wall is by far the best player in that deal.

Pass.

You really think where the Wiz are and with Wall’s contract there is a trade out there involving him where the Wiz end up with the best player?

If that is your threshold for making a deal there is simply no deal to be made IMO.

If they can get 2 or 3 good young players with some upside for a selfish cancer with an anchor of a contract they shouldn’t think twice because as a long as he is the leader of your team you are going nowhere.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
You really think where the Wiz are and with Wall’s contract there is a trade out there involving him where the Wiz end up with the best player?

If that is your threshold for making a deal there is simply no deal to be made IMO.

If they can get 2 or 3 good young players with some upside for a selfish cancer with an anchor of a contract they shouldn’t think twice because as a long as he is the leader of your team you are going nowhere.

Ha!

The Wizards have surrounded Wall with a garbage supporting cast and Bradley Beal, a player he openly said he didn’t get along with BEFORE either signed extensions. The Wizards mgmt is to blame for the state of the franchise not our best player during Grungus’ tenure.

You cannot let The Grunge trade one of the only TWO pieces he’s ever brought to The District. He’s been a mastermind at poor drafts, poor trades and bad FA signings.

Let the incoming GM make moves that have a long term scope under his vision. Allowing Grungus to make major deals as a lame duck is suicidal organizationally speaking. Period.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Ha!

The Wizards have surrounded Wall with a garbage supporting cast and Bradley Beal, a player he openly said he didn’t get along with BEFORE either signed extensions. The Wizards mgmt is to blame for the state of the franchise not our best player during Grungus’ tenure.

You cannot let The Grunge trade one of the only TWO pieces he’s ever brought to The District. He’s been a mastermind at poor drafts, poor trades and bad FA signings.

Let the incoming GM make moves that have a long term scope under his vision. Allowing Grungus to make major deals as a lame duck is suicidal organizationally speaking. Period.

I don’t disagree that Grunfeld has done a poor job running this franchise but it won’t make a difference who is building the team because you can’t build a successful team around an ‘it’s all about me’ cancer. That absurd contract makes it even worse.

Can Grunfeld, trade the cancer, trade Porter and his ridiculous contract and start over with Beal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad