OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, DC United, Navy, Gtown, etc., 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
There's been multiple reports on the Machado trade, each news outlet claiming another team. The Dodgers, Phillies and Brewers were mentioned but it seemed the final two real pursers were the Dodgers and the Phillies

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Hearing again it’s the dodgers for machado. I wouldn’t mind that they have a deep farm system. (At least I’m told). This team needs a complete rebuild so I hope that’s the type of return we get.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
It's the Dodgers, but at least one of the prospects in the package has been caught in the typical Orioles medical report fiasco. Fortunately it wasn't Yunsiel Diaz (the centerpiece of the deal), so the deal is still likely to take place.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
MLBTR reporting the deal between the Orioles and Dodgers has been made, and they're past whatever the medical holdup was. Supposedly it's five minor leaguers in return for Machado, presumably including Yunsiel Diaz.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
MLBTR reporting the deal between the Orioles and Dodgers has been made, and they're past whatever the medical holdup was. Supposedly it's five minor leaguers in return for Machado, presumably including Yunsiel Diaz.

Good hopefully they did their homework on these prospects and we have the start of a good foundation. Now we just need to find a couple of more players we can trade off and get Davis to retire

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA

So what did we think of the haul? I admit I know next to nothing about these players they got back. The consensus is that the O's got more quantity than quality....BUT, that they did get quality too, just no stars. Sounds like all should become actual MLB'ers, so thats good.

Now its time to jettison Britton, O'Day, Givens, Cobb, Cashner, Trumbo, Jones, Davis (yeah, right!), etc etc.

I would keep Gausman and Bundy, unless offered a huge return. You need your own arms to grow into something terrific

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
My understanding is that outfielder “Diaz?” Is supposed to be good, but I don’t know anything about minor league baseball prospects

Sep 19, 2008
Puzzling why the Nats are so bad this year. Everyone is healthy.

And people wanted Dusty gone.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
So what did we think of the haul? I admit I know next to nothing about these players they got back. The consensus is that the O's got more quantity than quality....BUT, that they did get quality too, just no stars. Sounds like all should become actual MLB'ers, so thats good.

Now its time to jettison Britton, O'Day, Givens, Cobb, Cashner, Trumbo, Jones, Davis (yeah, right!), etc etc.

I would keep Gausman and Bundy, unless offered a huge return. You need your own arms to grow into something terrific
Anyone saying they're all going to become MLBers is giving you a very optimistic view. Diaz is the obvious centerpiece. The rest are much more questionable to be able to hang onto an MLB career. They definitely prioritized performance in 2018 over prospect pedigree, so we'll see if that pans out well for them.

VaCaps Fan

Feb 18, 2018
*sigh* Least I got to watch a game where my namesake Brooks Robinson attended and the O's won....

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Puzzling why the Nats are so bad this year. Everyone is healthy.

And people wanted Dusty gone.

The pitching has been pretty shit outside of Max (and Straus has been injured). Tanner Roark and Gio have both been awful and they've just had absolute trash at the 5 for awhile. Hitting is also super inconsistent, as it has always been.

Right now they're just having the worst possible situations happen at the worst times during a game. If they get two runs early, the pitcher gives up 4 the next inning. If the pitcher dominates they can't buy a hit. The only times they seem to put everything together they suddenly score 10+ runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->