OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, DC United, Navy, Gtown, etc., 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Rooney scored twice yesterday to lead a 2-1 comeback win for DC United. They are 2 points back of Montreal for the final playoff - Montreal has 2 games remaining and DC has 4. Should be an interesting final two weeks.

Even if they miss, his impact has been shocking. I really thought he was misused the last few years and would do better in MLS, but wow.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Rooney scored twice yesterday to lead a 2-1 comeback win for DC United. They are 2 points back of Montreal for the final playoff - Montreal has 2 games remaining and DC has 4. Should be an interesting final two weeks.

I dont follow soccer all that closely...but its 3pts for a win, 1pt for a draw, correct? Simple as that?

So...2 games in hand should be a huge advantage. Unless they are all road games versus the best teams in the league?

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I dont follow soccer all that closely...but its 3pts for a win, 1pt for a draw, correct? Simple as that?

So...2 games in hand should be a huge advantage. Unless they are all road games versus the best teams in the league?

Yep, simple as that. And 3 of DCU's last 4 are at Audi Field (home) while Montreal plays 1 on the road and 1 at home. They control their own destiny now.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
cool. I saw from the standings that they are 7pts out of 5th as well.....also w 2 games in hand. Columbus plays 2 bad teams, so 5th probably cant happen.

Interestingly enough, Philadelphia is 4th....9ts up (also played 2 more games), and they close w both New York teams. So they could lose both. DC collects 10 of 12pts, they could pass them.

Doubtful, but?

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I don't really follow baseball but I was in Denver last week for a wedding and I saw a lot of annoying Brewers fans there who decided to wear Packers gear instead of Brewers gear so I am decidedly on the anti-Brew Crew.

I also think I hate the Red Sox more than the Yankees but it's splitting hairs at that point.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
I don't really follow baseball but I was in Denver last week for a wedding and I saw a lot of annoying Brewers fans there who decided to wear Packers gear instead of Brewers gear so I am decidedly on the anti-Brew Crew.

I also think I hate the Red Sox more than the Yankees but it's splitting hairs at that point.

So...that leaves the Dodgers or the Astros? Not a lot there

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I might hate the Yankees more than the Penguins. Don't get me wrong, I loathe the Red Sox, but my hatred of the Yankees is a whole different level.

My true hot take is that I don't even hate the Penguins. Crosby was annoying when he was young but now I just think of him as a really good hockey player.

I think the only hockey team that would approach hatred with me is the Rangers.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
So DC United won the other night? Are are playing now vs Toronto in Canada.

Currently 6th?

DC United won again last night. Wayne Rooney had an amazing free kick from 35 yards out for the winner. DCU is now four points up on Montreal for 6th with two games remaining for both teams. DCU can conceivably finish any where from 3rd to 7th. Edit: they need to win one more game to clinch. Thanks @ovikovy817 for the correction. Lots of scenarios in play for finishing as high as 3rd or out of the playoffs completely but one win seals their ticket into the dance.

It's pretty remarkable their turnaround. They were in dead last and 17 points (I think) out of a playoff spot some time in mid-July.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->