OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, DC United, Navy, Gtown, etc., 2016-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
The problem is, they spent on the bench.

It's just crap.

They invested heavily in Nicholson (he's a DNP most nights). Smith is mediocre. The Czech kid is learning the league. Trey Burke is bad.

They're going to run out of gas sooner rather than later.

Brooks is the reason they're doing anything this season. The sad part is it will keep an awful GM employed for even longer. Look at the numbers of GMs who have as long of a tenure. They basically all have Rings.

To be honest, they're one injury away from being a lottery team.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
The problem is, they spent on the bench.

It's just crap.

They invested heavily in Nicholson (he's a DNP most nights). Smith is mediocre. The Czech kid is learning the league. Trey Burke is bad.

They're going to run out of gas sooner rather than later.

Brooks is the reason they're doing anything this season. The sad part is it will keep an awful GM employed for even longer. Look at the numbers of GMs who have as long of a tenure. They basically all have Rings.

To be honest, they're one injury away from being a lottery team.

The same could be said for most teams in the league.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

Dunno. Wiz are next to last in the league in bench scoring

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/teamstats/17/7/pts/1-1

Hard to tell what that means overall, though, as good and bad teams are all throughout that list. A lot depends on star power and whether or not a rebuilding team is rolling a lot of subs.

For comparison, last year the Wiz were 11th and just 4pts behind the league leader. This year they're nearly the worst and the top team has more than twice as many bench points.

IMO they need at least 1-2 guys who can come off the bench and not miss a beat if they're going anywhere.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland

Yes and no.

They basically play a rotation of 6. Smith, Satoransky, and occasionally Trey Burke get a minute here or there, but it's minimal.

Their starting 5 play an absurd amount of minutes. If Beal, Gortat, Morris or Wall go down, they're going to struggle.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Yes and no.

They basically play a rotation of 6. Smith, Satoransky, and occasionally Trey Burke get a minute here or there, but it's minimal.

Their starting 5 play an absurd amount of minutes. If Beal, Gortat, Morris or Wall go down, they're going to struggle.

Oh, 100% agree. Our bench stinks and I've been saying for a while that we're grinding our starting five into the ground. I also posted some players I think we should target to help alleviate some pressure at the PG and stretch-4 position. All I'm saying is most NBA teams are one key injury away from tanking. Thomas in BOS, Westbrook in OKC, and Lowry in TOR are just a few examples.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Wiz have 4 bench guys on the court vs the Nets in the first quarter only up 9. Might as well.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Sloppy game for the Wiz. Going to OT vs the lowly Nets. Oubre having a really bad game mentally. Backcourt has gone cold.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Wall has been nothing short of awful. Perhaps no legs tonight but he needs to be smarter.

Slateman

Feb 2, 2016
Wall has been nothing short of awful. Perhaps no legs tonight but he needs to be smarter.

Brooks needs to figure out how to get Wall and Beal some rest. They've played a lot of minutes and they aren't exactly the Iron Man, ya know?

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I mean, I liked a few things that Burke did. But he's not good enough to play a ton of minutes.

It's hard to find Beal and Wall any rest when you've got nothing on the bench. I actually wonder if they wouldn't have benefited from going out and getting Stephenson on the 10 day contact.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
I watch a lot of NBA (from Cincy so don't really have a team - just like watching).

Well, I'm home early and watching wizards pre game - first time I have all year.

This is the most ridiculous homer type analysis I have ever seen lol. I mean, John Wall has escalated himself into the elite class - but this is just ridiculous. They are serious making this list too.

Even the fans voted 75-25 on the poll. Commmmme on!

image upload no size limit

Drakon

Mar 31, 2014
I watch a lot of NBA (from Cincy so don't really have a team - just like watching).

Well, I'm home early and watching wizards pre game - first time I have all year.

This is the most ridiculous homer type analysis I have ever seen lol. I mean, John Wall has escalated himself into the elite class - but this is just ridiculous. They are serious making this list too.

Even the fans voted 75-25 on the poll. Commmmme on!

image upload no size limit

Is this overall or over the last month or two? Cause you can make a good argument that Wall has been the best player at the point since they went on this run. Overall, definitely not, although he's closing on the top 5 probably.

Caps Circle

Jan 19, 2015
Chantilly, VA
Another impressive win. Saw on Twitter that Wiz are only the 11th team this century to score 100+ points in 21 straight games.

On the other hand, the fact that the starters had to play in the 4th quarter with a 21 point lead, and with OKC's starters not playing, is concerning. We need a solidly decent 6th and 7th man. Right now Smith is probably our best guy off the bench, or maybe Oubre, and neither of them are good enough to be first man off.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Is this overall or over the last month or two? Cause you can make a good argument that Wall has been the best player at the point since they went on this run. Overall, definitely not, although he's closing on the top 5 probably.

It was literally just ranking the top 5 point guards in NBA lol

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Wiz will have problems in the playoffs if they run into a team that knows how to draw fouls and test their depth. Teams deep with bigs and slashers.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Wiz will have problems in the playoffs if they run into a team that knows how to draw fouls and test their depth. Teams deep with bigs and slashers.

Do the NBA playoffs really matter? Back in summer of last year it was pretty obvious it is going to be Cavs/Warriors round 3, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad