OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, DC United, Navy, Gtown, etc., 2016-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
I would agree that much of the central problem is still that in the clutch moments he tries to super man it instead of actually using his teammates. He tries to hero ball at times instead of playing with the guys around him. I do feel that needs to change.

I guess I don’t see this issue as mostly just ‘clutch’ moments. I think it is all the time and sure after he dominates the ball for way too long while his teammates watch when he does decide to finally do something and even maybe move the ball he is talented enough that the end result is sometimes an assist. But the rest of the team’s assists go down because the overall ball movement plummets.

Honestly a lot of where I am coming from is how well the team as a whole played after Wall went down, and not just for a few games either. They moved the ball great and ‘everyone ate.’ They were putting up 30+ overall assists as a team routinely while playing without their star player. Sure they eventually wore down but that is to be expected IMO. Now imagine if they played similarly with him in the lineup. Even some happy medium would be better. Make the players around you better, don’t just complain that they aren’t.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
They also played crappy teams, and if you look at their record with him out, over the entire period, it's not that great.

They're a better team with him in the lineup, they just need him in shape, and not playing into shape when the playoffs come around.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
They're a better team with him in the lineup, they just need him in shape, and not playing into shape when the playoffs come around.

Of course they are a better team with him. But if he continues to play the way he has there is no way to put a team around him talented enough to win because he makes his teammates worse not better. If he changes his game a bit, which he 100% could if he wanted to, then maybe there is a chance. This is his team, for better or worse, and it isn’t the backup’s fault they aren’t winners, IMO of course.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
**** this team. Ted is a loser.

I've made it a point to attend a few games the last couple of years and even bought some gear as a sign of support for the team. Not spending another dime on them until Ernie is gone. It's embarrassing that this dude gets to keep his job. 15 years, 1 division title, 0 Finals appearances, 0 Conference Finals appearances. He is the standard for mediocrity.

PB12

Jul 7, 2015

People are either one of these two quotes.
1."He is done! We don't need another side show!"
2."He could be another David Villa type player, lets give him a chance."

My opinion is i'll take a chance on him if we can also get Balotelli. I wouldn't make him the star. Get Balotelli to take the focus off Rooney, and i think you got something.

EternalOptimist

Apr 26, 2018
Did anyone else enjoy seeing the "powerhouse" raptors fail in such epic fashion as much as I did

Another arrogant fanbase put in its place by their daddy lebron. Also that rockets-warriors west final is gonna be great

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
As an orioles fan, there is some relief here. At least I know the direction. Another year around 82-82 would drive me crazy. Riding the fence sucks. Sell off everything and start new.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I just watched Sherzer get a 1 out pinch hit single then score the go ahead run in the 14th from ****ing 1st. Amazing.

The Nats are Sherzer’s team, not Harpers. He is picking up Harper’s slack.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Do Baltimore fans generally root for DC NBA, MLS and NHL teams (leagues they are not represented in as a city, and because they are close by) or do they hate everything DC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad