OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, DC United, Navy, Gtown, etc., 2016-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
After what I saw in the first quarter I would never have guessed the outcome of that game.

Gortat with 2 points. Pretty worthless on the tail end of b2bs

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Team has done well without Wall. Now we will shortly get to see his reintegration into the team (maybe next week?). Should be interesting. I expect a few losses as they get used to each other again.

But in the end, this may have been the best thing for them, long term. They have learned a totally different style of play (assist ratio is sickeningly good now), and it needs to stick. If so, they are a real threat in the east.

It will -- as always -- come down to matchups. Only Toronto looks better right now, so...we will see. Getting the 3rd seed would be huge for them, but it wont be easy. Pacers are playing really really well

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Yup, part of it is that I’m a UVA alumni and any team that I root for categorically chokes. The other thing is that Bennett is a good coach but his style is conducive to failure in the NCAA tourney. Their offense is very methodical and keeps opponents in games. If an opponent is shooting really well (and UMBC that had an almost Villanova vs Georgetown type shooting performance) they are toast.

Devastating loss, I’m heartbroken.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Yup, part of it is that I’m a UVA alumni and any team that I root for categorically chokes. The other thing is that Bennett is a good coach but his style is conducive to failure in the NCAA tourney. Their offense is very methodical and keeps opponents in games. If an opponent is shooting really well (and UMBC that had an almost Villanova vs Georgetown type shooting performance) they are toast.

Devastating loss, I’m heartbroken.

My dad is a UVA grad, so I grew up a fan.

Soccer and Lacrosse? Sure.
Baseball? Maybe (one title)
Football and Basketball? Nope. They always find a way to blow it.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Love it. Used to play against "Umbuck" in college as a rugger. Bad team, good mates. My friend also used to be assistant on the men's basketball team 20 years ago.

MD represent!

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Wiz beat the Spurs last night which is nice considering they had lost 3 straight and 5of their last 7. With 8 games left it looks like they're going to finish 6th, 7th, or 8th so Toronto, Boston, or Cleveland it is. Outside chance of finishing 4th if they go on a tear and the Pacers falter but a 2.5 game lead w/ 8 games is pretty big to overcome. Hopefully Wall can come back and get some game action in prior to the playoffs starting.

Hopefully this offseason they can unload Gortat and Mahinmi. I wonder if any playoff team has a worse combination of bigs than does Washington. They are awful.

Reactions: g00n
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad