OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, DC United, Navy, Gtown, etc., 2016-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
Not a huge Mystics fan, but this is a big time pickup for them.

Elena Delle Donne is headed to the Washington Mystics, according to the New York Times' Howard Megdal.

A Monday trade between the Chicago Sky and Mystics sent the 2015 MVP to D.C. in exchange for All-Star center Stefanie Dolson, last year's No. 7 pick Kahleah Copper, and the No. 2 pick in the 2017 Draft. It's a steep price to pay, but it's for one of the league's best all-around players.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sbna...e-trade-mystics-sky?client=ms-android-verizon

So the stars of Ted's 3 teams

Caps:Ovechkin
Wizards:Wall
Mystics: Delle Donne

Not bad Ted.

Slateman

Feb 2, 2016
Nats sign Joe Nathan and Mat Albers.

Honestly, it's like Rizzo has ignored the last 20 years of post season baseball. Nats better pray the Mets arms fall off again, or the season will be over by the end of May

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/18606094/catcher-caleb-joseph-loses-baltimore-orioles-arbitration

The 30-year-old Joseph hit .174 last year with three doubles in 132 at-bats and 141 plate appearances. The previous highs for a player with no RBIs were set in 1971 by Chicago White Sox All-Star pitcher Wilbur Wood with 96 at-bats and 124 plate appearances, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.

This makes me chuckle. Does his agent go into the arbitration case presentation, kind of tongue in cheek, or dead serious?

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/18606094/catcher-caleb-joseph-loses-baltimore-orioles-arbitration

The 30-year-old Joseph hit .174 last year with three doubles in 132 at-bats and 141 plate appearances. The previous highs for a player with no RBIs were set in 1971 by Chicago White Sox All-Star pitcher Wilbur Wood with 96 at-bats and 124 plate appearances, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.

This makes me chuckle. Does his agent go into the arbitration case presentation, kind of tongue in cheek, or dead serious?

But I'm sure he played for an anemic offensively starved team, right? Last in homers and rbi's in MLB, right?

Product of a defensive system and a pitchers park....right? Right???

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
Wizards now 4.5 games out of first... in the East.

I know...pretty crazy, right? If they could get Mahimni back, and add one more legit forward to the bench, they will be a tough out. Perhaps even for LeBaby.

One win away from 3rd in east. And 2 games back of Boston for #2 seed. I think that's the realistic goal....getting that 2nd seed. Cleveland will right the ship enough for top spot.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I know...pretty crazy, right? If they could get Mahimni back, and add one more legit forward to the bench, they will be a tough out. Perhaps even for LeBaby.

One win away from 3rd in east. And 2 games back of Boston for #2 seed. I think that's the realistic goal....getting that 2nd seed. Cleveland will right the ship enough for top spot.

Agreed, they need some help on the bench, and getting Mahimni back would be huge. I think I read he went through the pregame shootaround for the first time since November yesterday, so hopefully that's a good sign? My biggest concern for the Wiz is injuries, but I do like how Brooks is managing the rotation. He's easily one of the top five COTY candidates at this point.

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
Agreed, they need some help on the bench, and getting Mahimni back would be huge. I think I read he went through the pregame shootaround for the first time since November yesterday, so hopefully that's a good sign? My biggest concern for the Wiz is injuries, but I do like how Brooks is managing the rotation. He's easily one of the top five COTY candidates at this point.

Re: Brooks. Agreed 100%. And people were condemning the choice over the summer. It also highlights that Wittman wasn't.....good. I'd argue he had as much talent, if not more, than Brooks. Roster top to bottom. He couldn't get them to improve.

Wiz are 22-7 over their last 29 games (or 27-12 over 39). That's more than a "hot streak". They are legitimately a good team. Top 10 in NBA easily. Perhaps higher. And they are young, for the most part, only Gortat has significant mileage on him.

Re: injuries. Team has suffered a few of them, but not really to their starting bigs (Gortat and Morris). If they get hurt, then it's a challenge as they become a jump shooting team. So agreed on your assessment.

And add to all of that -- unless they flame out in 1st round, Ernie isn't going anywhere. And even then, he may be completely safe. Will be interesting to see what they do this summer if they reach 2nd round or ECF. Will they trade 1st again and try and add? Or leave it alone and add a couple young guys in the draft. Cleveland has a small window here, and after that, East is WIDE open for the next 3-5 years, IMO.

Imagine if Horford had chosen Wash and not Boston? Same team plus him, minus the bench guys they signed? Whoa.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
The TDL could be really interesting as there are a lot of veterans on expiring contracts on teams with little to no shot at contending. There are some names floating around out there by the talking heads as people with the potential to move that could be a really interesting fit in DC.

If they're looking to add a big who can rebound and defend: Taj Gibson (CHI), Serge Ibaka (ORL)
If they're looking to add a stretch 4 who can score: Omri Casspi (SAC), Danilo Galinari (DEN)
If they're looking to upgrade their backup PG positon: Ricky Rubio (MIN), Goran Dragic (MIA), Brandon Knight (PHX), Deron Williams (DAL)

Some of those guys would be more expensive than others. Or they may be content not to add and reevaluate this summer when a lot of these guys are FAs.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Anybody still think we should have given up on Porter? lol

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Anybody still think we should have given up on Porter? lol

Wittman was notoriously bad at developing young players. Brooks is notoriously good at it. If they kept Wittman as coach, it would not have surprised me to see some combination of Oubre, Porter, and a 1st round pick traded for a veteran player.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Oubre continues to develop as well. Needs to keep working on the outside shooting, decision making, and his handles I think he can only drive one way currently so pretty limiting.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
wow. what a game. if these two don't meet in the east finals it'll be a crime

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Very poor shot selection down the stretch.

Fun game and valuable learning experience for the Wiz.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
If Lebron doesn't hit a lucky-ass shot with .3 seconds left the Wiz are winners. Shooting went a little cold at the end of OT while Cleveland kept putting up 2 pointers

Caps Circle

Jan 19, 2015
Chantilly, VA
Game of the Year in the NBA. Wow.

Can't feel too down about that. Wiz fans are back and the team/city will be taken seriously.

(Sorta) side note, when's the last time all major teams in this city were actually playoff contenders at worst?

Caps Circle

Jan 19, 2015
Chantilly, VA
I think all 4 teams made it RG3 season

Wizards made it the following year (2013-14). And even then, don't really remember people taking the Redskins too seriously because of RG3's injury, and the Caps were expected to struggle going from Southeast to Metro. Nats were the only team that everyone expected big things from, and they missed the playoffs that year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->