OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, DC United, Navy, Gtown, etc., 2016-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slateman

Feb 2, 2016
I sense a bit of a grudge. :naughty:
My grudge is against adults who act like crybabies.

1st time I've seen this but it looks like Machado came out ok from that exchange on the mound. So not sure how he looked like a *****.
He tried to act tough and then acted all angry when he got plunked for doing something he knew deserved it.

Machado is a punk. I can't wait for him to go to NYC and get A-Rod'd

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
My grudge is against adults who act like crybabies.

He tried to act tough and then acted all angry when he got plunked for doing something he knew deserved it.

Machado is a punk. I can't wait for him to go to NYC and get A-Rod'd

Wishful thinking from a Nats fan. Prepare for Machado to be Harper in pinstripes, and that narrative fits.

Slateman

Feb 2, 2016
Wishful thinking from a Nats fan. Prepare for Machado to be Harper in pinstripes, and that narrative fits.

They're both going to NYC. The Yankees have been preparing for 2018-2019 off-season since the late 2015 season. They'll come in to this season with a payroll either just below or just above 200 million. Going in to the 2018 season, they currently have less than 100 million committed. They will probably be under the luxury tax threshold.

They have loaded up their farm system with talent that will be MLB ready or near in the 2019 season. Add Harper, Machado, Hosmer, and a starting pitcher (Harvey?) and they become a dynasty.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
More like Scott Brooks saving Ernie his job, but I'll grudgingly give credit to Ernie for hiring Brooks. Ernie needs to find a way to get the starting unit some help off the bench. Waiting for Mahinmi to get healthy is not the right answer.

I was so close to saying Brooks....so close, funny.

Ernie had one foot out the door earlier.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Best Wizards team since Nixon?

Well, they won a title in 77. Lost one in 78. Those were well after Nixon

Edit -- what Hog said.

Could be a decent team. Was fooled a few times before though:
-year or 2 with Webber and Howard
-year or 2 with Arenas
-this year w Pierce

Prob the same. 2rd round team. If they miss Cleve until the ECF, then they could make it to ECF

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->