OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, DC United, etc. : Version VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
They're honestly doing better than I'd expected. Big talent infusion. And the ending vs NW was incredible. Wells was a dog most of the game and then turned it on in crunch time.

I've seen them ranked as high as 9th this year. This week they were 13th, I believe. Still pretty damn good. For too many years just getting in the tournament nevermind top 25 was an achievement.

Trimble is impressive. His poise is unbelievable for a freshman. Hell, for any college player. He'll make the NBA if he stays at least 3 years and keeps developing.

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Yes, for sure. They are a very young team, and also got another top DC recruit for next year (amongst a few). Considering how many players bolted over the Summer, I was very worried about them being good, at all.

Wells and Smoz are the only Sr's I know of, and while Layman is a JR, the majority of the team is Soph or under. Great job by Turgeon.

I hope Trimble stays at least 2 years, 3 would be terrific. However he may be short lived.

It *looks* like the tourney is a lock, assuming that they dont totally fold over the next month. Even a .500 finish should solidify the tourney (would be 22-wins), and non conference V's over ISU and OSU will validate them.

Sep 19, 2008
I felt the same way too but Big Ten dominance has eased the pain. If they can come in there and just dominate as the new kids I'm all for it.

And I was pissed too about them leaving the ACC and it all felt awkward at first but I've gotten used to the new era.

Anyway the Nats are preparing to celebrate their 10th anniversary with some neat giveaways. They'll have at least 5 bobbleheads celebrating team moments over the last 10 years. Those are 5 games I'm going to have to attend.

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I'm a very casual college BB fan but the Terps being out of the ACC is horrible to me. It feels very wrong.

I dont much like it, but it is what it is. In the end, it really doesnt matter. Winning a league crown has so little cache these days, as its really about the big dance in Basketball, and the new playoffs in football.

Terps were not progressing in the ACC, so maybe this will help their programs to achieve new heights. Cant hurt.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Wiz off to another slow start vs the Suns, just like last night in LA. It looked like they were coasting against the Lakers because they knew they had this one coming up next, and a 4th game in 5 days. Good thing this team has 2 full squads that can run.

Sep 19, 2008
Was at the Wizards game last night.

It won't have the same feel as a Caps game and as someone observed when we were standing in line, most of the people don't even have Wizards jerseys on (as opposed to Caps where everyone you see has a Caps jersey at Verizon)

But it was still a good Saturday night out and I had fun. Every time I go to the Verizon Center we end up going into overtime :laugh:

The only bad thing about that game is the ****ing 40 minute wait for a damn train to come by on the Red Line. This happened during the Edmonton game and it happened during this game too. Trains need to run more often on game nights. I don't have the time to wait around 20 minutes...it'll take forever to get home :laugh:

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Ben Standig ‏@BenStandig
Joe B. filling in for Buckhantz tonight. Wizards-Hornets coverage starts at 630 on @CSNMA.

Fwiw.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Wiz have been struggling. They look like they've lost some swagger since that road trip. Shooting percentage has to be terrible tonight.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Wiz have been struggling. They look like they've lost some swagger since that road trip. Shooting percentage has to be terrible tonight.

Need a better coach, Mark Jackson could do wonders for them.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
They look burned out. That road trip was brutal. The AS break can't come soon enough, imo.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
They look burned out. That road trip was brutal. The AS break can't come soon enough, imo.

I most definitely agree watching those west coast games and was thinking they just looked worn out. Tough teams and tough schedule but I think they new this was coming since the early season schedule was admittedly pretty soft.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Heard Wittman's postgame presser on the radio. He spelled it out perfectly. Team is feeling sorry for itself and run down, but all the other teams in the league are tired and banged up, too. There was more. He really went off, but he was 100% right.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Been clear for some time now. Need more shooters and a eventually a better coach.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Holy crap, Terps getting killed 22-3 early vs Iowa

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Is it my imagination, or does that annoying talking Checkers bag say "YO" at the beginning of the commercial during Wizards games, and "Hel-LOOO" at the beginning of the commercial during Caps games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->