OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, DC United: Version V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
I'm still reluctant to think Durant would come here when other major markets would be calling, but we'll see. Perhaps his love for DC town trumps his love to make a highly lucrative contract at another major market. And he might even extend his deal with OKC too.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
According to two people with knowledge of the situation, after Jordan decided to sell his minority ownership stake to resume his playing career with the Wizards, Bryant informed him several times he wanted to play for the Wizards — under the assumption that Jordan would return to the front office once his playing days were over.

“That’s true,” Bryant confirmed recently. “A long time ago? Yeah.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...michael-jordan-and-the-wizards-183746397.html

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Dan Connolly ‏@danconnollysun
Orioles give up LHP Stephen Tarpley and a PTBNL for Travis Snider.

I remember a time when Snider was a very highly touted prospect.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
They way I look at the Scherzer/JZimm thing is basically they get this year price a legit top pitcher. JZimm's price tag next year will be even higher (as price tags do every year). An interesting question is if JZimm would have even signed Scherzer's deal.

I'd say keep the crazy good starting rotation unless some really good trade offer comes in that helps you short term and near.

I don't know. It just seems like a rediculous amount of money given to an "outside" guy.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
When Travis Snider is your big offseason acquisition...

Sigh.

We'll see how the season goes.
I think the Chris Davis adderall exemption was the big offseason acquisition, honestly.

We really gotta hope he, Machado, and Wieters come back with a vengeance. Gausman taking a step forward and/or Bundy emerging wouldn't hurt either.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
I think the Chris Davis adderall exemption was the big offseason acquisition, honestly.

We really gotta hope he, Machado, and Wieters come back with a vengeance. Gausman taking a step forward and/or Bundy emerging wouldn't hurt either.
True on the adderall...and the new hitting coach really likes him...so hopefully that turns around for him.

At least they have a ton of starting pitching...so that should sort itself out again. The bullpen will miss what Miller brought the last part of the season and playoffs...but should be fine.

Im sure they will contend...just how far will be the question.

Im still pissed about that KC series. Chumps.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Last year the team was deep enough to overcome injuries and slumps. This year they aren't. Losing Markakis will hurt, but if they brought in Aoki or even Ichiro it could have been worked around. They didn't. They gotta prey that De Aza can continue his hot streak from the end of last year, and that Snider's 2014 campaign wasn't a flash in the pan.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Nobody wants to search the old threads for the O's/Ravens thread, I assume. Neither do I. Now that the "ZOMG I HAET U" phase of DC vs Bmore MLB playoffs nonsense is over, any objection to combining that thread with this one again, like it used to be? None of these teams get enough talk to merit their own threads, imo.

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Nobody wants to search the old threads for the O's/Ravens thread, I assume. Neither do I. Now that the "ZOMG I HAET U" phase of DC vs Bmore MLB playoffs nonsense is over, any objection to combining that thread with this one again, like it used to be? None of these teams get enough talk to merit their own threads, imo.

go for it. Terps too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->