OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, DC United: Version V

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan519*

how do parsons and hayward make the team usa roster and not wall? hell, i'd take wall over kyrie. at least real deal beal made it

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Second half of Nats season should be fun.

Better than last year but still not sure if they have the chemistry/hitting. They seem to be completely all over the place when it comes to which player is hitting well. Pitching staff has been great...credit to the Rizzo.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
As a Clemson Alum who's followed the guy since high school, I'm really, really gonna miss Booker.

That said, Humphries is a measurably better player and cleans up the boards like no one the Wizards have had in years. If the 3/$13M reports are accurate, that's dirt cheap or what he'll provide. Also, the third year (i.e., the Durant year) is a team option.

One more tidbit to consider: What number did Booker wear, and who else has that number?

Last edited:

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
As a Clemson Alum who's followed the guy since high school, I'm really, really gonna miss Booker.

That said, Humphries is a measurably better player and cleans up the boards like no one the Wizards have had in years. If the 3/$13M reports are accurate, that's dirt cheap or what he'll provide. Also, the third year (i.e., the Durant year) is a team option.

One more tidbit to consider: What number did Booker wear, and who else has that number?

He was 35. Porter might grab it as he wanted that number when he was drafted to honor his dad.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
I have a feeling they're gonna keep 35 available...

Kevin-Durant-OKC-freddy-o.jpg

ryan519*

really like the offseason moves so far. so nice to be in the mix with everything

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Is there a more overrated current player in any sport from a historical standpoint than Derek Jeter?

My hatred of the Yankees makes me want to agree, and I absolutely loathe the reitrement tours that he and Mariano get. And his fielding is absolutely overrated. His hitting, however, is not at all. Getting that kind of production that consistently for that long from a shortstop is nothing short of insane.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
My hatred of the Yankees makes me want to agree, and I absolutely loathe the reitrement tours that he and Mariano get. And his fielding is absolutely overrated. His hitting, however, is not at all. Getting that kind of production that consistently for that long from a shortstop is nothing short of insane.

I did the digging on another site, and he's 193rd all time in average WAR. It put him at something like 14th all time for shortstops (if you don't count the old guys that played everywhere), behind players like Trammel, Larkin, and Garciaparra.

The way he's talked about, you'd think he was one of the 2 or 3 greatest shortstops ever. He's far from it.

And just back to the defensive point, every one of his Gold Gloves was won in a season where he had a negative dWAR.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Like I said, his fielding is massively overrated.

As for the WAR argument, it would really come down to how much stock you put in defensive metrics at this point. I tend to take them with a grain of salt still, and it's his dWAR that is dragging down all those total WAR measurements. His batting is terrific by almost any metric.

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
I've lost all interest in baseball. Not sure why, but can't stand it any more. Haven't watched a single pitch this season.

Because it's boring as ****. Baseball is good for kids and old folks because both groups have nothing but time on their hands.

I'll go to a game but it's primarily to sit outside and drink beer. Citifield has open concourses which are fantastic. I've gone to games there and never even gone to my seats.

And Jeter sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->