World Cup: National Team threads #2

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Spain winning the tournament on 8 goals in 7 games and doing nothing with the ball while having the ball 70% of the game was the highlight for me

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
I can see why Fox was livid with the decision to move to the winter, hard to see them getting much buzz during the NFL season and games at 5am east coast time

Four games on American thanksgiving

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
decent times for eastern time other than the first timeslot. 5am, 8am, 11am, 2pm. hopefully none of the games i want to watch are in the 5am timeslot.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I can see why Fox was livid with the decision to move to the winter, hard to see them getting much buzz during the NFL season and games at 5am east coast time

Four games on American thanksgiving

Fox cancelled their whole US Open contract for the next seven years because they couldn’t find a way around 3/4 time slots of American football games over the course of one weekend. Any evening games will be a disaster for them. It’ll overlap directly with American football, and we know that Association Football will unfortunately be bumped to another channel.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Japan/Korea had the worst times for east coast viewers, think it was 2am, 5am and 8am, I still remember ESPN cutting away from the trophy ceremony as soon as Brazil lifted the cup to go into their Sunday morning programming like OTL lol

That’s the one tournament since 98 I pretty much didn’t watch at least half the games

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I will be taking some vacation during this tourney...no one else in my Company will want time off in November. 8 am is fine. Only way i'm getting up for 5 is if Canada is playing. (gotta qualify!)

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
England is turning into a real power with some of the players they have. I think they are going to be one of the best teams in the world for a few Euro and World Cup cycles with this group of players.

Except for France, their U23 players are pretty much unrivaled between Sancho, TAA, Greenwood, Rashford, Foden, Abraham, CHO, Henderson, Rice, Gomez, AWB, Saka, Bellingham, James, Jones.

And they also have some good veterans like Kane, Sterling, Henderson, Maguire, Walker, Vardy.

Brazil also has a good young core and is well coached. My early World Cup 2022 prediction is England, but I also think France and Brazil will be contenders.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Brasil well coached? Agreed on England and how many players Brasil are producing but a shitty Argentina with an inexperienced coach out played them and got robbed not winning that game.

member 305909

They say about the Olympics that unless there's a vaccine there won't be olympics next year either and then they would be cancelled altogether.

Surely the same applies to Euro 2020?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
They should've just added Canada to the Hex, and started the Hex in October. It looks like it'll be two groups of four where the group winners qualify automatically, and probably play for the WCQ title along with the second place teams facing off for the automatic WC spot, and the playoff spot. Two groups of four gives more of a chance to the smaller teams because it's fewer games.

The new CONCACAF president is known to give advantages to the smaller nations. I think it's because he knows they will keep him in power if he gives them advantages to the detriment of the bigger countries in the region. FIFA and CONCACAF are utterly stupid in giving these Island nations with 10,000 people as much of a say as the biggest countries. This is exactly how you get Qatar buying a World Cup.

Reactions: robertmac43

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Argentina looking fine right now.

Dybala - Icardi - Lautaro
Messi
Parades - Palacios
Taglafico - Otamendi - Lisandro Martinez - Acuna
Emiliano Martinez

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Argentina looking fine right now.

Dybala - Icardi - Lautaro
Messi
Parades - Palacios
Taglafico - Otamendi - Lisandro Martinez - Acuna
Emiliano Martinez
Oh god if they play two Strikers as wingers and start Otamendi with all the young talent coming up I will start my crying sessions early.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad