Nathan Peterman vs. Ryan Lindley

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Peterman has a 30.7 passer rating this season, that's incredible. Even Ryan Leaf was a good 10-12 points better than that.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Peterman's continued employment in the NFL is reaching the realms of the bizarre. It's like an NHL team continually sending out a backup goalie who allows a goal on every fourth or fifth shot. After the third game or so, it just makes no sense at all to send him back out. Surely there are better options, probably dozens to be honest. I'd be interested to hear from the scouts who thought he was an NFL-caliber player.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I haven't really watched much of Peterman, only looked at his numbers and heard about the horrid reviews......do the fans at Bills games just rip him up after every pick, or does he still have support from the Bills faithful?

You'd think after a while even they have to draw the line somewhere. :help:

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Peterman's continued employment in the NFL is reaching the realms of the bizarre. It's like an NHL team continually sending out a backup goalie who allows a goal on every fourth or fifth shot. After the third game or so, it just makes no sense at all to send him back out. Surely there are better options, probably dozens to be honest. I'd be interested to hear from the scouts who thought he was an NFL-caliber player.

There's the thought that since he's religious and the Bills coach is heavily religious too, that's the main reason why he's on the roster despite poor play

Sep 19, 2008
Peterman also "looked good in the offseason" which is hilarious

Again I don't work for the Bills and I didn't see him but you heard all thse reports about how he was "looking good" in Preseason so despite my vivid memory of him looking flat out awful after Tyrod was benched I was at least trying to be open minded. But he has done NOTHING in this league

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
There's the thought that since he's religious and the Bills coach is heavily religious too, that's the main reason why he's on the roster despite poor play

This wouldn't shock me. I've never seen a QB with results like this continually get sent out there. An non-football explanation seems reasonable in this case.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
To be fair it was looking like McCarron would start over him, but then he got hurt and then traded.

They then tried to go with Josh Allen, but he got hurt.

They then tried to go with Derek Anderson, who also got hurt.

Obviously he sucks, but it's not like they haven't noticed he sucks either. They've tried to replace him, it just hasn't worked out.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Peterman should have never been drafted. A lot of his touchdowns during his senior year at Pitt came on shovel passes and screens. He played under center though. That matters more than having the talent to play to the dinosaur scouts.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
might be that they can both pray together for new jobs in a few months time

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012

Why is it bizarre? You seem teams do dumb stuff like this all the time in the NFL and NHL.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Peterman should have never been drafted. A lot of his touchdowns during his senior year at Pitt came on shovel passes and screens. He played under center though. That matters more than having the talent to play to the dinosaur scouts.
Isn't he undrafted FA?

Sean McDermott is a defense guy and Bills defense is good. The problem is offense. What do you want him to do with that shoddy QB options? Cannot believe they got rid of Tyrod Taylor. He is not great but he is world better than peterman.

To be fair it was looking like McCarron would start over him, but then he got hurt and then traded.

They then tried to go with Josh Allen, but he got hurt.

They then tried to go with Derek Anderson, who also got hurt.

Obviously he sucks, but it's not like they haven't noticed he sucks either. They've tried to replace him, it just hasn't worked out.
EJ Manuel. He is right, he should have an NFL job over Peterman.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I doubt a CFL team will even look at him. He has no options once Buffalo finally releases him. To be honest though he probably could have carved out a 2-3 career as a backup then a year or two as "borderline starter" then a year or two as a "reclamation project" then a year or two as a "veteran backup" and then maybe a year or two in the CFL/AAF. So that's like a 8-10 year career. Instead he was rushed into a starter role he could never fill and will likely be out of pro football in 2 years. I do feel bad for him a bit. But yeah he will never be a pro QB.

The OP talked about Ryan Lindley. I saw this guy embarrass himself even at the CFL level, and after watching Peterman to be honest I'm not sure he's any better. Both are a product of the fact that NFL looks for a certain type without regard to talent, IMO. Neither should ever have been close a pro career, IMO.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Why is it bizarre? You seem teams do dumb stuff like this all the time in the NFL and NHL.

This guy just had a 3-pick game and it brought his career INT average DOWN. This is above and beyond normal dumb stuff that teams do.

Dont Toews Me Bro

Mar 20, 2018
I haven't really watched much of Peterman, only looked at his numbers and heard about the horrid reviews......do the fans at Bills games just rip him up after every pick, or does he still have support from the Bills faithful?

You'd think after a while even they have to draw the line somewhere. :help:

Consider yourself lucky.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad