Nathan Mackinnon

Tavaresmagicalplay*

i dont get it, is he saying he's as good as Sidney Crosby(who's name he misspelled?) or just drawing parallels in their lives?

Is there a second Sydney Crosby?
I think the better question is is there a first?

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Kid appears to have all the tools, I'll probably get a better idea when I get the opportunity to see him in 2012-2013, which will be his draft season. I don't think he'll be quite as good as Crosby, but he does have that 100 point potential.

WhiT3y

Jun 12, 2010
interesting comment on the bottom of article. 2012 draft- #1 dynamic russian Yakupov (ovechkin) #2 taller but highly skilled russian Grigorenko (malkin). then 1 year later at the 2013 draft - Crosby version 2 from cole harbour ns Mackinnon. Then the CBA expiry is 2013 similar to 2005.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
interesting comment on the bottom of article. 2012 draft- #1 dynamic russian Yakupov (ovechkin) #2 taller but highly skilled russian Grigorenko (malkin). then 1 year later at the 2013 draft - Crosby version 2 from cole harbour ns Mackinnon. Then the CBA expiry is 2013 similar to 2005.

People having been saying this for awhile. Similar circumstances but I doubt we'll lose any games in 2013 or MacKinnon will be even as close to as good as Crosby.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
What a terrible article. Looks like something out of a fourth grade class. "My hero is Nathan Mackinnon. I think he is good and he is really good at hockey. He is good because he is big and fast and is good."

derbyfan

Nov 23, 2002
Visit site
Wow, that article still needs some serious editing. That's a bit embarassing to TSN that it even made it onto the website with some of the spelling errors (not to mention that he originally mispelled Crosby's name - how do you do that?). Pure fluff, but then again Walling is an Atlantic Canada reporter. Not to knock Mackinnon, I'm excited about this kid. But wow that's a bad article lol.

Leviathan

Nov 25, 2008
OP: Yes, there is real to expect big things out of MacKinnon. He is an incredible talent.

However, the Crosby comparisons are mainly because of the journey he's taken in his career thus far, where he's from, etc. His numbers on the various teams he played for are quite a bit below Crosbys, but they are still very very good stats.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
This kid is going to the CHL. The CHL age limit goes up to 20 am I right?
Lets take a look at some facts. Crosby as an 18 year old rookie scored 102 points to finish 6th in NHL scoring. Not too shabby lol. At 19 years old Crosby scored 36 goals and 84 assists in 79 games sweeping the Hart Art Ross and Pearson Awards. At age 20 he was leading the NHL in scoring half way through the season got hurt missed 28 games. Came back and Led the Postseason in scoring with 27 points on route to a Stanley Cup Final appearance. At the age of 20 he had 294 points in 213 games for a 1.38 ppg. He did all that while being eligible for the CHL. This kid will be Great but I don't know about being as good as Crosby.

this guy will not be the next Sidney Crosby but IMO he will be the next Steve Stamkos.

sickest flow bro

Jun 3, 2008
Halifax
He said Francis Turbide was the Mooseheads best player last year lol, maybe he was thinking Carl Gelinas?

Other than that, there is a huge forum on the topic.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
What a terrible article. Looks like something out of a fourth grade class. "My hero is Nathan Mackinnon. I think he is good and he is really good at hockey. He is good because he is big and fast and is good."

My work day just got a lot better :laugh:, thank you.

I was reading the article myself and thought, so the guy who is what 15, is doing similar things to Crosby when he is still towering above other kids is supposed to be the "next" Crosby (when Crosby is still active and not even in his prime yet...). I think once he starts playing around kids all the same size we will find out.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
My work day just got a lot better :laugh:, thank you.

I was reading the article myself and thought, so the guy who is what 15, is doing similar things to Crosby when he is still towering above other kids is supposed to be the "next" Crosby (when Crosby is still active and not even in his prime yet...). I think once he starts playing around kids all the same size we will find out.

hes only 5'11, not exactly towering over players

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->