Prospect Info: Nathan Légaré, 74th overall

Burn

Mar 24, 2018
I think this draft show what the Pens are building towards. Heavy on the puck and endboard hockey. I like the idea of beating up on all these 5'10" defensemen.

I dont mind that but they have no transport. Transition is a huge problem.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Honestly, i like this guy, but I really expect virtually anyone From this draft with any value to be traded long before they reach the nhl... there will be one last all in grasp in the next few years and guys like this tend to be dealt for some imagined need at some deadline. When you are in the twilight of two generational talents careers you don’t build for the future... i think he will score very well in the minors and then be dealt when his value peaks.

Kasperi kapanen

Jul 23, 2014
IMO this kid is just as good of a prospect as Sprong was coming out of the draft, not as dynamic per say but WAY more well rounded.

Reactions: Riptide

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Already producing really well, what would be the target next year? crack 50 goals 100 points?

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Already producing really well, what would be the target next year? crack 50 goals 100 points?
That would be nice. But i wouldn't be surprised if he score less than this season. His team are losing a lot of talent

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
That would be nice. But i wouldn't be surprised if he score less than this season. His team are losing a lot of talent

Very true, hopefully he will get traded at some point to a stronger team but if that is only at the deadline then he might struggle to significantly improve his numbers. Jakob Pelletier was the only first year draft eligible player who outproduced Legare (and only by 2 points).

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Very true, hopefully he will get traded at some point to a stronger team but if that is only at the deadline then he might struggle to significantly improve his numbers. Jakob Pelletier was the only first year draft eligible player who outproduced Legare (and only by 2 points).
We got 2 of the 3, but somehow avoided the most productive?
Glorious:)

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
We are pretty good at picking in the 3rd round IIRC? 1st round talent in the 3rd round can't be all that bad. Skating can be taught.

THN Draft magazine has us ranked 1st in "Late round gems" from 2000-2018. 102 picks after round 2 and 25 players with over 100 games played.

For comparison sake Philly has had 115 picks and only 12 players with over 100 games played. They rank 23rd.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
THN Draft magazine has us ranked 1st in "Late round gems" from 2000-2018. 102 picks after round 2 and 25 players with over 100 games played.

For comparison sake Philly has had 115 picks and only 12 players with over 100 games played. They rank 23rd.

Interesting, have tried to group them by ability so get a better idea of how we did.

1st line FW/top 2 D/Good starter - Guentzel, Letang and Murray

2nd line FW/Top 4 D/Starter - Muzzin and Moulson

3rd line FW/Bottom pairing D/Good backup - Rust, Kennedy, Bortuzzo, Simon and Sundqvist

4th line FW/6/7 D/Average backup - Talbot, Wilson, Kuhnhackl, Vitale and C.Johnson

13th FW/ 7/8 D/3rd string goalie - Archibald, Jeffrey, Strait, N.Johnson, Carcillo, Bisonette and Christensen

Solid return though 2 of our 5 "best" picks didn't play for us (by the time Rust's career is done, he will be considered a better pick than Moulson IMO). Simon and Sundqvist are a bit early to call, Simon could go the way of Christensen/Jeffrey (skilled players but not quite skilled enough to stick as top 9 players in the NHL) but Sundqvist will still carve a role out as a 4th liner if his offense comes back down to Earth.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

Kid has quite a release.

BANGARANG!
FIUpnwa.gif

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Wonder how Poulin & Legare did on some of the fitness tests at the combine. At their limb-length-to-bodyweight ratio they should be pretty strong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->