Prospect Info: Nathan Légaré, 74th overall

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Seems good value based on where he was ranked (not that that really means anything).

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Looking at Baie-Comeau on elite prospects, they're losing 7 of their top 10 scorers. Any QMJHL followers know if they have young guys ready to step up or will they be rebuilding next year?

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
Looking at Baie-Comeau on elite prospects, they're losing 7 of their top 10 scorers. Any QMJHL followers know if they have young guys ready to step up or will they be rebuilding next year?

They are in for a down year. Good chance Legare gets dealt sometime during the year I suspect.

Poulin's Sherbrooke team should be one of the strongest however, but are still a step or two behind the early favorite to be the league elites (specifically Moncton).

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
They are in for a down year. Good chance Legare gets dealt sometime during the year I suspect.

Poulin's Sherbrooke team should be one of the strongest however, but are still a step or two behind the early favorite to be the league elites (specifically Moncton).

So potentially Legare could end up with Poulin, neat.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Really like our first two picks. At first, I was confused when we moved up and traded late picks that we kinda need but quantity trumps quality every time.

I also love the fact we went for two QMJHL wingers.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Is he small? Skates like Maatta? His scouting report sounds like he should have gone a lot sooner.

Skating is the issue, yeah.

But... he had one point less than Sprong at the same age, 6 more goals. No matter the problems, and knowing how treacherous numbers are at that level, impossible not to love that in a 3rd rounder.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
That's a really good pick at #73, but I'm iffy on trading 3 picks for 1 at this point in the draft. I think Legare could have been a mid-2nd rounder and no one would have batted an eye, getting him in the mid-3rd is really good.

Honestly I would have done that every day of the week. I'd much rather have a mid 3rd vs a 4th, 6th and 7th (or whatever those picks were). And the more I read and watch of this kid, I think this was a great pickup.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Great pick. Dude is one of the best scorers in this draft.

And he goes to the net. Not sure he'll have Kunitz's physicality, but he reminds me a lot of Kunitz or Hornqvist in how he's always right around the crease. The more I read and watch of this kid, the more excited I am. Of course his odds of making it are only like 15%, but I'm still pumped.

Reactions: FreeBobbyFarnham

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Wait did we have a good draft? Is this one of those times people applaud the scouts and not JR and only blame JR when they fail? I can't keep track.

Love this pick. He really impressed me at the U18s. Really skilled and chippy, always getting into scrums after the whistles.
So does this mean we'll never see him accomplish anything now?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad