OT: Nathan Horton

TexanGuy

Nov 24, 2009
Victoria, BC
if leafs win Stanley cup in next 2 years, does Nathan Horton gets ring too? He is a leaf and under contract but I am not sure how they decide. I believe scratched players and injured players get rings but what about players on LTIR?

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
if leafs win Stanley cup in next 2 years, does Nathan Horton gets ring too? He is a leaf and under contract but I am not sure how they decide. I believe scratched players and injured players get rings but what about players on LTIR?
i would seriously doubt it lol

Reactions: AreBe

sanfordn

Oct 14, 2017
I can’t see why they wouldn’t as a nice gesture.

I’m sure they have doctors checking on him.

8816 others

Dec 3, 2012
Bowen Island, BC
It's up to the team.

No name on the cup though.
I won't pretend to know how all that injury stuff works in relation to the cap, but if he has opted to do something which benefits the team's cap situation, he deserves some recognition. Even if it benefits him to do so. The cap plays such an important role in the modern era. Not sure if that deserves recognition on the cup itself, but it should be acknowledged.

Reactions: Scorched Earth

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014

Sure he'd get a ring i think. Give him one and let him lead the parade I wouldn't care ha.

Just don't call us Canada's team ;))

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
I won't pretend to know how all that injury stuff works in relation to the cap, but if he has opted to do something which benefits the team's cap situation, he deserves some recognition. Even if it benefits him to do so. The cap plays such an important role in the modern era. Not sure if that deserves recognition on the cup itself, but it should be acknowledged.

All these years later, and you still don't understand why the Leafs acquired Horton and paid out pocket 27.5m to acquire a player who would never play again. To think it's some sort of Leaf/Horton cap conspiracy. :shakehead

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
If the Cup ring isn’t engraved with a picture of of a bearded man holding a hockey stick on and deserted island with only a coconut palm and message in a bottle, I’ll be disappointed.

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland

Unless he pulls a replica out of a case of Molson then NO ! :laugh:

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
A
I'd lean towards no. Just don't feel like he is part of the team at all. Just a burden. If he played for us and then this happened to him, sure. Otherwise no.

Just a burden? He (due to his injury, and therefore the trade), rescued the Leafs from 5.25m of Clarkson's cap hit. Actually Horton attends Leaf community functions. Teams give out rings to dozens of people including administration people. Horton gets one too.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Once the Jiffy Linen service, Al's Pest Control and the tax office of the City of Toronto get their rings I guess MLSE could give one more to a creditor who does nothing for them.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
A

Just a burden? He (due to his injury, and therefore the trade), rescued the Leafs from 5.25m of Clarkson's cap hit. Actually Horton attends Leaf community functions. Teams give out rings to dozens of people including administration people. Horton gets one too.

Ok, that's fine. If they win they can give to anyone they want, I couldn't care less.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
I'd lean towards no. Just don't feel like he is part of the team at all. Just a burden. If he played for us and then this happened to him, sure. Otherwise no.
Agreed. Considering they don't let him go to any team functions (or maybe they offer and he elects not to, but I'm leaning towards the former), I doubt he'd get the ring too.

I imagine it would also feel pretty hollow. Have that ring just sitting there on his mantle, "Papa, tell us about when you won that Maple Leafs ring!", "Well little one, let me begin by explaining what lumbar means and who David Clarkson is..."

I wish he was involved, but reality is, he's never actually been a Leaf
I know other teams do it too, but its a little unfortunate when we acquire players and then pretend they don't exist. Raffi Torres was a little understandable, but telling Alex Stalock to go home during the AHL playoffs because we didn't need him was a bold choice, and when we acquired Olaf Kolzig and Jamie Heward as injured players, the team never acknowledged it ever again after and didn't let Heward play after he was cleared.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
If the Leafs win the cup give everybody a ring! I'd go loopy handing them out, snack vendors, ushers, zamboni drivers, I'd be too happy to care
upload_2019-4-21_10-33-37.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad