nathan horton or eric staal

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyMan9

Jul 1, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
Staal seems like he could turn into the kind of player that you respect no matter what team he's playing for i.e. Ron Francis.

Horton on the other hand his the kind of guy you love to have on your team but absolutley hate to play against.

HughJass*

Like I said in the other thread, to awesome players & too early to tell. Staal is supposed to be the better player (skill wise) but you never know how someone's career will even out. Horton really, really impressed me.

Rattrick

Oct 31, 2002
Orlando, FL
www.rattrick.com
WHurricane16 said:
Like I said in the other thread, to awesome players & too early to tell. Staal is supposed to be the better player (skill wise) but you never know how someone's career will even out. Horton really, really impressed me.

Ditto. I am going to go a step further and say that I think Horton will score more goals and Staal more assists. Both will be very important players for their teams.

BlackJack21

Nov 6, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
i really like both of them... but I think Horton's upside is someting like Iginla. Not saying he'll win at least 2 Maurice Richard in his carrer, but he could really turn in that type of player.

Staal will be a Francis-Oates kind of player...

Who's better?

Horton in a heart beat.

BJ21

Hug Ben Laf

#86 #10 #13
Mar 22, 2002
Im the guy next door
BlackJack21 said:
i really like both of them... but I think Horton's upside is someting like Iginla. Not saying he'll win at least 2 Maurice Richard in his carrer, but he could really turn in that type of player.

Staal will be a Francis-Oates kind of player...

Who's better?

Horton in a heart beat.

BJ21

How so? I think Francis and Oates did manage more in their career when they was in Iggy age right now. U are only looking at Iggy now, he is having a couple of good seasons the last few seasons. Francis and Oates contribute early in their career and more consistant than Iggy career so far. If I have to choose a Iggy, Gary Robert kind of player or a Francis, Oates kind of player I will go with the later as I think they are truly leader and franchise player.

BlackJack21

Nov 6, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Roberto Luongo said:
How so? I think Francis and Oates did manage more in their career when they was in Iggy age right now. U are only looking at Iggy now, he is having a couple of good seasons the last few seasons. Francis and Oates contribute early in their career and more consistant than Iggy career so far. If I have to choose a Iggy, Gary Robert kind of player or a Francis, Oates kind of player I will go with the later as I think they are truly leader and franchise player.

I talk about Francis, Oates, Iggy at their prime...

I do prefer A 50-goals 100-pts scorer to a 25-goals 125-pts scorer. (I think Francis best season is something like 115 pts)

I know both of Francis and Oates had better seansons than 25-125 but with great teams and linemate.

MHO is that Iginla is slightly more valuable that the other 2.

BJ21

Hug Ben Laf

#86 #10 #13
Mar 22, 2002
Im the guy next door
BlackJack21 said:
I talk about Francis, Oates, Iggy at their prime...

I do prefer A 50-goals 100-pts scorer to a 25-goals 125-pts scorer. (I think Francis best season is something like 115 pts)

I know both of Francis and Oates had better seansons than 25-125 but with great teams and linemate.

MHO is that Iginla is slightly more valuable that the other 2.

BJ21

I dont think Iggy have ever scored 100 points, but close. Iggy have 2 good/great season so far. Francis and Oates always have good season when they was younger and that IMO is more consistant. I guess I take a 80+ points consistant player than a player that maybe score near 50 goals once in a while. And I do think two-way playmaker center like Staal are more valuable as most team in NHL keep those kind of player over player a la Bure, Bondra, Shannahan kind of scorer.

BlackJack21

Nov 6, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Roberto Luongo said:
I dont think Iggy have ever scored 100 points, but close. Iggy have 2 good/great season so far. Francis and Oates always have good season when they was younger and that IMO is more consistant. I guess I take a 80+ points consistant player than a player that maybe score near 50 goals once in a while. And I do think two-way playmaker center like Staal are more valuable as most team in NHL keep those kind of player over player a la Bure, Bondra, Shannahan kind of scorer.

Ok I may have been not really clear...

We will stop talking about numbers cause those really are era and seasons dependable.

I just mean that Iggy won 2 Maurice richard in 3 years and I consider this to be more valuable than being a terrific playmaker. I dont Think neither Francis or Oates would have produce that well in the Calgary environment.

Those guys really needed to play with a good scoring linemates to be efficent. Iggy is the real deal. Put him with any crap, he produce.

That said it's not an easy decision to take. But I prefer Iggy's type of player.

Donsent mean that Horton will be better than Staal, I just prefer Horton type of players.

BJ21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->