Player Discussion: Nathan Beaulieu

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
This ok depth and able to pinch some middle pair duties for few games. Shouldnt be more.

1 more top 4 Dman left side?
Jets all set for this year.

pateramus

Jan 10, 2013
Winnipeg
I thought teams couldn’t talk to free agents till today?

In Beaulieu’s video here he says in the upcoming week he had a few teams that were interested in him. How would he know this?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

In Beaulieu’s video here he says in the upcoming week he had a few teams that were interested in him. How would he know this?

There is a bunch of tampering that happens. The league and teams just don't really care to stop it. How else are contracts ready to go immediately after the deadline.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB

I imagine it goes something like this : gm calls players agent and says: does your client picture himself being open to the idea of being part of our organization some time during his playing career" or maybe it could be something like " if your client had a no trade list, would we be on it?"

Reactions: GNP

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Kulikov had a decent year, gotta wonder what his camp is asking for. Presumably more than Beaulieu?
I would have been pleased with Kulikov instead of Beaulieu, but I don't want both. Samberg needs a team to play for and it sounds like he's ready.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005

There is a bunch of tampering that happens. The league and teams just don't really care to stop it. How else are contracts ready to go immediately after the deadline.

The week leading up to free agency is generally the “interview period” where teams can talk to players/agents, etc. before free agency actually begins.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I would have been pleased with Kulikov instead of Beaulieu, but I don't want both. Samberg needs a team to play for and it sounds like he's ready.
Kulikov may not be a legit top 4 guy, but he is on a different level than Beaulieu. If I had to speculate, I'd say he wanted considerably more than 1.25.......thus no deal.

Reactions: Flair Hay

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Lady I work with pronounces his last name like "Bolio" :laugh:

Last edited:

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
just a blah player and blah signing. guess he adds some toughness and is not a complete liability night-in night-out? Still need a legit top 4LD.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
The week leading up to free agency is generally the “interview period” where teams can talk to players/agents, etc. before free agency actually begins.

They did away with that this year. It's back under the table dealings and conversations.

Reactions: Guerzy

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
Lots of Beaulieu talk in the various other threads, so wasn't sure where to post this. Had to go back 8 pages to bump this one to post this video of him being mic'd up. He seems to be a fun, easy going kind of guy. Comes across as a good teammate and a fun guy to have in the locker room.

Things I learned from this video:
1. There's still mustard on the bench
2. He knows the lyrics to "Hello" by Martin Sloveig and Dragonette
3. Copp is his favourite player
4. Pionk's nickname is Peeler:laugh:

The Oiler he calls a rat is #52 Patrick Russell

Reactions: voyageur and Jet
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
With the penny pinching expected by Chevy over the next few months, Beaulieu is certainly to be its main casualty.

The Jets can't have his $1.25 million contract on the roster & also create the cap space for signing Copp, Pionk, Stanley & then operate a 22 man roster. They can't even hand in a roster with Beaulieu's name on it and meet the cap crunch.

He's particularly not needed considering the number of left shooting option at defense the Jets have at their disposal on ELC's making $500,000-ish less than him.

Even waiving him to the minors wouldn't bury his entire salary. $125,000 would be left on the books. I doubt he'd clear anyways. Certainly some team would grab him.

I can see him traded well prior to camp.

Reactions: Mathil8

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
With the penny pinching expected by Chevy over the next few months, Beaulieu is certainly to be its main casualty.

The Jets can't have his $1.25 million contract on the roster & also create the cap space for signing Copp, Pionk, Stanley & then operate a 22 man roster. They can't even hand in a roster with Beaulieu's name on it and meet the cap crunch.

He's particularly not needed considering the number of left shooting option at defense the Jets have at their disposal on ELC's making $500,000-ish less than him.

Even waiving him to the minors wouldn't bury his entire salary. $125,000 would be left on the books. I doubt he'd clear anyways. Certainly some team would grab him.

It's fun to dream but I bet they try to find a way to keep him

Whileee

May 29, 2010

I doubt he has any value, and many negative value.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
I doubt he has any value, and many negative value.

Seems like he is in that contract twilight zone where he doesn't have enough annual salary for teams to take on, but too much for a team needing a depth guy. MIN has only 6 dmen on capfriendly so perhaps they will take it on for a 2022 6th?:huh:

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada

How dare you bump this thread

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
I think beaulieu has a bounce back season. Stronger/deeper defence will put less pressure on him. He started off strong when we got him.

he was a good player... Not so long ago.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Seems like he is in that contract twilight zone where he doesn't have enough annual salary for teams to take on, but too much for a team needing a depth guy. MIN has only 6 dmen on capfriendly so perhaps they will take it on for a 2022 6th?:huh:
The Leafs could use some vet depth on D, too. :naughty:

Reactions: Jets 31

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
maybe send the rangers a couple videos of him fighting, might be able to get a 3rd from them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->