Nathan Beaulieu

Habblues

Dec 19, 2008
Sec 9 Fredericton NB
I gotta say that I am shocked that the Habs aren`t taking a closer look at Beaulieu...I realize that this is not a regular training camp situation BUT, I watched the last two Bulldogs games on TV and I thought Beaulieu looked amazing. He has really improved since the beginning of the season. I had the pleasure of watching him play in St John NB during his junior days and this guy can move the puck big time. He looked like the best D man on the Dogs PP IMO (and St Denis looked great as well)).

Last edited:

Myron Gaines*

Tinordi has been more consistent and Commodore is there for the lulz.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
I don't understand why so many Habs fans dislike Beaulieu, he's not close to NHL ready but he's the most talented guy in the system behind Galchenyuk...he's still a bit of a risk but he's a net positive for Hamilton.

Habblues

Dec 19, 2008
Sec 9 Fredericton NB
I don't understand why so many Habs fans dislike Beaulieu, he's not close to NHL ready but he's the most talented guy in the system behind Galchenyuk...he's still a bit of a risk but he's a net positive for Hamilton.
Fans don`t like him ?? Really ? When I first saw him play, my first thought was, this guy is going to be better than Subban.........AND to tell you the truth, Nathan had a fantastic camp with the habs last year, and if i didn`t know better, i think that shook up Subban to start the season last year.

Habblues

Dec 19, 2008
Sec 9 Fredericton NB
Beaulieu IMO outplayed Subban at last yrs camp and looked as though he deserved to play in Montreal based on his pre season games. He was well poised and calm (not counting his 1st game which was understandable).

Myron Gaines*

Beaulieu IMO outplayed Subban at last yrs camp and looked as though he deserved to play in Montreal based on his pre season games. He was well poised and calm (not counting his 1st game which was understandable).

He did impress, but he had glaring defensive holes in his game. He needs time, but the potential is there for sure.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Fans don`t like him ?? Really ? When I first saw him play, my first thought was, this guy is going to be better than Subban.........AND to tell you the truth, Nathan had a fantastic camp with the habs last year, and if i didn`t know better, i think that shook up Subban to start the season last year.

I saw a lot of comments when Tinordi was called up about how Beaulieu needs to be taught a lesson or something... I don't know why, I get he makes mistakes and is definitely not NHL ready, but he's playing up to my expectations, and I'm high on him.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
The fact that he wasn't invited to camp isn't a slight to him at all. N'or does it mean that Tinordi is developing quicker. It's a numbers game and the Habs are stacked with PMD's so there is only an opening for a Hall Gill 2.0 position to fill and tehy are willing to see if Tinordi han handle NHL'ers yet or not.

Habblues

Dec 19, 2008
Sec 9 Fredericton NB
He did impress, but he had glaring defensive holes in his game. He needs time, but the potential is there for sure.
AS did PK...LOL

The fact that he wasn't invited to camp isn't a slight to him at all. N'or does it mean that Tinordi is developing quicker. It's a numbers game and the Habs are stacked with PMD's so there is only an opening for a Hall Gill 2.0 position to fill and tehy are willing to see if Tinordi han handle NHL'ers yet or not.

I agree 100%

Last edited by a moderator:

Myron Gaines*

AS did PK...LOL

At last years' camp? P.K came off an impressive rookie season in the NHL and dominated the AHL, something Beaulieu hasn't done yet. At 20, P.K. was way ahead of Beaulieu in his development too.

Dominated the AHL the year before his rookie season I meant.

Habblues

Dec 19, 2008
Sec 9 Fredericton NB
At last years' camp? P.K came off an impressive rookie season in the NHL and dominated the AHL, something Beaulieu hasn't done yet. At 20, P.K. was way ahead of Beaulieu in his development too.

Last years was pk`s 2nd year. IMO he didn`t have a great camp.........And young Beaulieu looked like the better player.....I realize that would not have been logical to leave him Montreal but I think he deserves to be in camp this year.

Myron Gaines*

Last years was pk`s 2nd year. IMO he didn`t have a great camp.........And young Beaulieu looked like the better player.....I realize that would not have been logical to leave him Montreal but I think he deserves to be in camp this year.

It's not surprising that some youngsters look more impressive than established players. Beaulieu could've been called up instead of Commodore, but I think that it wont hurt him not coming to training camp this year. Plus, I think management wanted Commodore in training camp for competition purposes.

hogtownhabsfan*

Let Beaulieu take his time and develop in the AHL. With Markov and Kaberle on the roster we can be patient.

BigNumber1Centre

Mar 19, 2010
Alberta
It is said all the time, young defensemen take a bit longer to establish themselves in this league. Examples that come to mind are Hedman and our very own Subban. Our boys' time will come.

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004

This is Beaulieu's 19 year old season, so you'll have to wait until next year to make that statement.

NewHabsEra*

What??? :help:

Beaulieu had an impressive first exhibition game where he displayed his skills but his defensive weakness stood out as the camp progressed, there is no way he was better than Subban lol

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
Fact is Beaulieu was the stand out rookie at last year's camp on defense, and if the 'Dogs were worth a crap this year I think he might have had a Subban-lite AHL season because he is that good on the power play. Like previous posters pointed out though, next year will be way more telling and I'm all for leaving him down all season long.

vipergtx18*

and if camp were longer then a week and consisted of a pre-season he would be up there with a few more

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad