News: Nathan Beaulieu requests to be traded from the Sabres

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Beaulieu got a 3rd when he was younger and coming off a decent season. Considering his play and being a UFA (and GMs know he wants out), why would he get a 3rd again? Makes no sense lol.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I don't see that. Some contender would take him as rental for a mid to late pick. Depth on the blueline never hurts.
I agree about depth being good but I don't know that a team pushing for the playoffs would feel comfortable trusting him even in limited minute. His gaffes are often and bad.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
I agree about depth being good but I don't know that a team pushing for the playoffs would feel comfortable trusting him even in limited minute. His gaffes are often and bad.
He's certainly not a high IQ player. He goes through stretches where he looks straightup awful and stretches where he looks like he's ok in his own end and flashes some pretty respectable offensive ability. I think some GM's will always like these former 1st round picks that have the tools but not the toolbox. Again I don't think he's great, but as a 6th or 7th defenseman he's ok. Their styles aren't very similar, but we saw a bottom pairing guy in Mike Weber get a 3rd a few years back and I don't even think he stuck with an NHL team after that.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Contract year is the main reason. RFA and it is costing him. Many teams do this

What's the cost to qualify him? Has to be more than 2.4m right?

He's probably not going to be qualified by anyone and therefore should be considered a pending UFA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->