News: Nathan Beaulieu requests to be traded from the Sabres

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
I had heard he had been playing decent enough. Odd that he does not get more time but what ya going to do!

As another posted stated, he's caught in a numbers crunch among LHD in Buffalo. He's not going to play over Dahlin, McCabe, or Pilut, and Phil is the typical Hockey Man who'll die on the hill of vet players (Scandella) playing over younger players (Beaulieu). Nate was a tire fire last season, but has been a reasonably solid third-pairing guy when he's played - he should absolutely be playing over Scandella. If he was a righty, his life would probably be easier in Buffalo.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Buffalo takes that deal and runs away laughing

A 3rd is higher than what I'd expect for Beaulieu, but I think a 4th rounder from a playoff team is very reasonable. Washington got Jerabek for a 5th last year, and Beaulieu is better than Jerabek.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Beaulieu for a 3rd. That's all it will take. He's been pushed down the line up and passed over by someone younger. He has played much better in the minutes he's been given this year compared to last.

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
Joe Morrow (same age, similar skillset and has less than half the cap hit) went for a 4th at the deadline last year.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
How bout just a simple LD/RD swap, can never have too many Dmen.

to :sabres RD Tim Heed, 27 UFA

to :sharks LD Nathan Beaulieu, 26 RFA

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
How bout just a simple LD/RD swap, can never have too many Dmen.

to :sabres RD Tim Heed, 27 UFA

to :sharks LD Nathan Beaulieu, 26 RFA

In a vacj next ...fine.

Part of buffalos problem is that they have 9 nhl Dmen when Nelson comes off IR. They can’t get back another nhl dman

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
These things shouldn't become public. Bad for the locker room, the player, his value, and the coaching staff.
Entertaining for us though

gerowrj

Feb 8, 2019
what would you think about this trade? Reason I say this is that Botterill and Rutherford are Buddies and if Botterill gives him a good offer he might take it. Then the Penguins get Beaulieu as an extra D and dosent cost must compared to Scandella

BUF:
Alex Nylander
Nathan Beaulieu
2019 1st Round Pick (STL)
2021 2nd Round Pick (STL)

PIT:
Jake Guentzel
2019 4th Round Pick (BUF)

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Beaulieu to whoever for a 4th. Maybe we get a 3rd if we're lucky. Let's just keep this one simple.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad