Recalled/Assigned: Nathan Beaulieu called up (Oct. 4)

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
I'd rather see Beaulieu than Pateryn. I think the latter is extremely gaffe prone and makes some real bonehead plays. I think otherwise, he's pretty solid, but even from last season, this camp I saw him mishandle the puck way too many times. He also doesn't seem yet to have good control when he gets the puck passed back to him at the point. The one exception I can think of is (I think it was DD) when he got a drop pass to the point and rifled it for a goal. He's got a lot of work to do on poise IMO, but I like his potential.

Beaulieu looked good last year and even more confident this year in the 2 pre-season games. I doubt he'll be relied on too much (look for PK to get his well-deserved minutes - hopefully Gorges can keep up). As for the PP, the Subbeaulieu PP is going to look great, but no doubt that it's still terrific to have Markov there. That said, his specific fumble at the blue line (uncharacteristic of him) is what I think cost us the game. I've been defending him so far, but I must admit that I don't think he had a great game, including some bad turnovers. Hopefully it's rust. He really does need Emelin. That pair is freakin awesome. It's been so long without 74, that we may have forgotten what a solid D man we have in Emelin. (I don't agree with the assertion that he was bad towards the end of his season.)

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Diaz - 5'11 197lbs
Beaulieu - 6'1 182lbs

Just because Beaulieu has a criminal record, it doesn't mean he's a "physical presence". He wouldn't be any better in front of the net, he doesn't lay bone-crushing hits, he won't fight anyone in the NHL at this stage in his development, and he doesn't have the same stick skills defensively as Diaz. Common misconception about this player.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Diaz - 5'11 197lbs
Beaulieu - 6'1 182lbs

Just because Beaulieu has a criminal record, it doesn't mean he's a "physical presence". He wouldn't be any better in front of the net, he doesn't lay bone-crushing hits, he won't fight anyone in the NHL at this stage in his development, and he doesn't have the same stick skills defensively as Diaz. Common misconception about this player.

Beaulieu would land big hits and fight in junior hockey - he's a finesse player first and not the type to physically battle but there's certain physical elements to his game.

Of course he's not ready for that at the NHL level, though I think those numbers are old.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
I'd try Beaulieu ahead of Diaz if Diaz plays another game like he did on Tuesday.

Lets' be honest; who wouldn't?

Aside from coach T that is.... Problem is he's the one calling the shots. Being partial to Diaz and Bouillon is not the best of moves to say the least.

onemorecup*

Agreed. However, Markov won't always be there. People wish to see Beaulieu-Subban on the PK 'cause there is a good chance Beaulieu will be PK's main Partner on the power play for years to come.

this is Markov`s last year in mtl

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Diaz - 5'11 197lbs
Beaulieu - 6'1 182lbs

If Beaulieu is 6-1 182 at this stage than Habs are ****ed. Please tell me this is not true...That is way too light for a D man, even a puck mover...At 6-1 he should be 195 min.

onemorecup*

Lets' be honest; who wouldn't?

Aside from coach T that is.... Problem is he's the one calling the shots. Being partial to Diaz and Bouillon is not the best of moves to say the least.

agreed Cube is a 7th right now , not an 18-20 d man , and Diaz nice euro player , he is made for the swiss league , he cant play 82 games and playffs in this league

not built for the war here, the quicker these clowns see it the better

void

Jan 5, 2006
Called up again.

@CanadiensMTL:
Le défenseur Nathan Beaulieu a été rappelé des Bulldogs ce soir. \ Canadiens recalled defenceman Nathan Beaulieu from Hamilton.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Diaz - 5'11 197lbs
Beaulieu - 6'1 182lbs

most physical players don't, you know that right ?

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
BXIeGvCCQAAlpod.jpg

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
The yoyo man is back! Kid comes back often enough to get NHL pay. He must love it. Down for one game, back for three, down for one game, back for three, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->