Recalled/Assigned: Nathan Beaulieu called up (Oct. 4)

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Think one of the vet Ast GM Dudley or LC got to Bergevin, can't have only 6 dmen with you, who else what might happen during the morning skate or pre game warm up.

A little surprised it was Nathan Beaulieu, thought they would bring an older guy, they can just keep in the press box, but I like it, means he'll, get to play so,e games, hopeful to replace Daiz

IMO Likely to see a few games of...

Gorges Subban
Markov Tinordi
Beaulieu Bouillon.

Why the hell would they sit a top 4 guy to play a rookie...if anybody sits so Beaulieu can play it will be Tinordi or Bouillon.

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013
Considering that the Bulldogs start their season october 11th, Beaulieu isn't missing much.

Pateryn didn't look too hot and if he plays the way he did near the end of pre-season, I would not feel comfortable with him in the lineup, regardless of whether he clears the net or not.

He could still learn while sitting in the press-box and considering that bulldogs start 10 days from now, it won't harm much ;)

Oh didn't know that, well forget what I wrote

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I don't think anyone actually believes Pateryn is better than Beaulieu.

It's like 10 000 spoons when all you need is a knife!

Instead of focussing on who is subjectively better, I'd rather you looked to see who is a better fit. who fills what we are lacking ?

I hope pateryn and beaulieu both make it, eventually. but with emelin out till christmas, murray being snakebit with injuries, we are once again reduced to having all of our jam hopes in the vessel that is a young kid. as you can imagine, there is a very good possibility that this will not end well.

Pateryn is no bruiser, but what he's got we need ( size, steady and not trying to do too much). Preseason is hard to guage but in his cup of coffee call up last year he did exactly what you would want a call up to do). I liked him more than beaulieu last year as well.

This isnt a knock on beaulieu who most think will ultimately be the better player, but we play tonight not in 2 more years.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Yeah I imagine this is it. Habs have some time off and they're just letting Beaulieu get back to work with the Dogs until then.

that doesnt make sense. if he is only going to practice either way, id rather he practice with the big club vs real NHLers.

unless its a cap thing.....

LLoyd Christmas I

Jul 11, 2013
that doesnt make sense. if he is only going to practice either way, id rather he practice with the big club vs real NHLers.

unless its a cap thing.....

I think it basically means that the Bulldogs is his team, and they want him to familiarize himself with his teammates/D partner, coaches, and the system.

His time up here is just precautionary.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I can't wait until he carves out a spot. This kid has some promising upside

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Don't know why people don't realize this. Without Markov, Subban wouldn't have a norris

Don't know why people still cannot admit that Markov is a huge ZERO in playoffs. People are so stubborn with this. And guess what? It's all about the playoffs and PK SUBBAN delivers BIG TIME in the regular season AND in the playoffs...with or without Markov (he'll always be one of our playoff MVPs... Markov never came close to being an MVP).

Subban was amazing for our Habs during the Halak/Subban/Cammalleri victories VS Wash and Pitts (and Markov was injured). Subban doesn't need Markov to prove how amazing he is. For example, McDonagh would help us in the playoffs BIG TIME vs Markov. But I'm glad we have Tinordi and then one day Beaulieu, and then Ellis, Dietz, Thrower,etc.
Markov is so overrated...time to get whatever we can for him and move on towards a Cup (Markov will NEVER EVER help us get to a Cup...and I really cannot picture the image of Markov raising a Cup...Subban definitely can raise one or two in his career...he was born to raise a Cup...I just hope he does it with our Habs...sign him to a 7 year contract already before another GM does!!).

And, Subban is not done winning Norris trophies...just wait and see.
Markov never came close to it (winning a Norris).
It would help if Markov was a playoff warrior/hero but unfortunately this will NEVER EVER happen and never did (hence why I'd love to get a 1st Rnd Pick and more while we can...our team's future will be way better with this move). We need to add a top 3-4 dman who can help in the regular season AND in the playoffs (not just in the regular season like Markov... this cannot be obvious only to me).

Cheers!

p.s.: about Beaulieu...just a ''in case'' move (in case Bouillon is injured). Beaulieu is better off playing 21min with Hamilton and improving his defense... better to have him more ready in the 2014 playoffs for us or for next season (he was very raw defensively last season...still needs time for more developing).

Last edited:

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I hope that by next season the Habs don't have any Dmen who've celebrated their 35th birthdays and that Tinordi and Beaulieu are regulars.

Ice Poutine

LA POUTINE IS BACK!
Feb 18, 2006
ON MY CHAIR
HBxihHN.gif

FuzzyWuzzy

I'm still alive
Dec 20, 2012
Montreal
I don't think Beaulieu is NHL ready yet he's way better than last year for sure but he should spend the season in Hamilton and come to the big club next year.

(Dreaming of a P.K - Beaulieu duo on the PP :handclap:)

... But Markov - PK is 100x better than that lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad