Natey's Top 70 Rankings - NHL Draft 2007

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
HockeyDB is famous for not updating weight. Clark is most definately 5'10, but he also weighs 175 - 178 now. His team site lists him at 178, whiles HockeysFuture lists him at 171. So he's still small, but not as bad as HockeyDB makes him look.

He played for Team WHL during the Russian/Canadian junior series that went on this year as well. He's definately, in my opinion, going to go higher than expected.

Yea he is actually about 5'11" 180 now........he had a nice year as a 2nd line player in Brandon this season.....it's his first elligible draft year I believe........hes a nice 2 way player, good in both ends.........improved a ton this season from the one before.

I've seen him play likely 50 games for the Wheat Kings in the last 2 years.........I like his game quite a bit but I dont see him going in the top round......IMO he will be a late 2nd - early third selection.

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
Just to be on the same page, are we talking about the same Mikus? There are two in this years draft.. The now overager unsigned by the Habs..

Though, I fully expect the overaged Juraj Mikus to go in the first 3 Rounds, and as early as the top 50... Montreal passed on him because I think they were near (or at) their limit on players... but he was fantastic in the final half of the Q. If they want a european player with raw scoring talent and who did awesome at the World Juniors, this Mikus is their guy. He's got north-american experience, raw offensive talent.. I'm still pissed Montreal passed on him.
:eek:
Is Juraj Mikus, the forward, re-entering the draft?!?

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
I'm just saying i didn't know about that... and since it's the first time i see this fact mentioned i was asking for confirmation..

btw, any reasons/rumoures why Montreal eventually didn't sign him?
i find it to be really surprising.
:help:

I didn't read the whole argument, but you know there's a defenseman named Juraj Mikus in this draft?

toastman344*

I really like your top ten...& agree with JVR as #1....No way Washington passes on Cherry either...so yeah he probably will go fifth...You've got Esposito in the top 10 ...& yeah I agree with that as well...Backlund at 11...yup times 3...

Just glanced at the rest...But if memory serves...you've got Sutter at 21...I like him...so that seems a bit too low...

Other than that...seems like an excellent list...

membleypeg

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Tyrell will go in the first round!

Dan Tyrell is not in this draft, Dana is however. He will not make it out of the filrst round. After he blew away the competition at the combine, he might go top 20.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Dan Tyrell is not in this draft, Dana is however. He will not make it out of the filrst round. After he blew away the competition at the combine, he might go top 20.
Sorry, simple spelling error.

As for the list, I'd been working on it for awhile, and never caught any of the Combine stuff so I'm in the dark on that.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I'm just saying i didn't know about that... and since it's the first time i see this fact mentioned i was asking for confirmation..

btw, any reasons/rumoures why Montreal eventually didn't sign him?
i find it to be really surprising.
:help:
Well, I'm not completey sure if he is or not. He's eligable to re-enter the draft, so he probably will..

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
i'd be shocked if Hjalmarsson didn't go in the 1st rnd. Especially after a very good showing at the U18's, I feel he has a pretty high upside and a team will definitely take him in the 1st rnd.

Popcorn_Shrimp*

where's the other bashkirov twin.....i thought one of them were pegged for the 5th rnd..the other was pegged for the 2nd or 3rd rnd

Oh ..and does anyone have a link to a site..or know in which thread i can find a write up on jvr kane turris esposito..pretty much the top guys from the draft this year explaining their style and attributes ect.

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
Well, I'm not completey sure if he is or not. He's eligable to re-enter the draft, so he probably will..
yep, i found this on the Habs' board: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=383544&page=3
look at post #132.

looks like an horrible move by the Habs.
As mentioned earlier in that thread i thought it was his decision to go back to Slovakia and complete his studies, but apparently, as suggested already by the fact he crossed the ocean the past Summer to play in a CHL league, it was a Canadiens' decision. :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->