Injury Report: Nate Thompson out at least two weeks (knee sprain) from March 11

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
NAK was one of the best PKers in the CHL and was never played there... and a fantastic RHB/right slot guy on PP in CHL and never played PP in AHL really...
I screamed this for years with NAK. They kept him off of both special teams units for almost his entire ELC. Made no sense. The kid had a bunch of good raw tools and they were just content making him a 5v5 4RW grinder. Why you wouldn't give akid that skates like him PK time is beyond me.

He actually played the "Stamkos" role for Val d'Or's PP most often. Dug up a couple posts from 5 years ago. Never did I expect him to get more PP time in the NHL than the AHL, but here we are. Not my worst takes. :cool:
I've seen him a decent bit. Good skater, plays left and right wing, PKs, plays all over the PP, seems to have a nose for the puck, good hands, and good release on his shot. Val d'Or isn't a very good team, but they score a ton of goals. They are a run and gun team with some skilled players up front so he is fortunate enough to play with some quality offensive players.

The first goal he scored tonight was from a crazy angle on the PP. Almost on the goaline. Scored a similar goal the other day against Mason McDonald (though it squeaked through his arm). The assist was a really nifty play where he chipped the puck through both defenders and sprung his teammate for a goal. His second goal was a 2 on 1 that he just buried with a quick release.

I don't think he's a huge upside guy, but he looks like a really solid player. Probably a middle 6 winger, that can PK, and chip in on the 2nd PP.
NAK got a PP goal in his office again. Between the goaline and the faceoff circle on his off side. Tough angle. He's got a good release.
NAK scores again. Usual spot. Doing his best Stamkos impression.

If nothing else, Frost should be PKing because he's a center. A center should have some experience PKing just by nature.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
There is no excuse for Frost to be down. These are just #hockeyguys who overvalue the wrong things sometimes.

I’m like 99% convinced they’re strictly looking at +/- to decide who plays.

Hagg: +14
Bunnaman:+7
Frost: -3
Ghost: -4

Din Djarin

This Is The Way
Mar 3, 2020
Mandalore
I always liked Connor Bunnaman, happy to see him get another chance on the club. Nate Thompson doesn't have any skills that Bunnaman does not have.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
There's also Vorobyev who was on the same ice as Bunnaman the other day and was clearly the better player (and a capable PKer). At least we know he already has his bags packed.

Reactions: Striiker

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
There's also Vorobyev who was on the same ice as Bunnaman the other day and was clearly the better player (and a capable PKer). At least we know he already has his bags packed.

Of course, Bunnaman clearly outplayed Vorobyev in the NHL, especially in the 4C role.
But we should go with the better AHL player.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad