Plus likely means that Giroux back in PK rotation... or at least:

Couturier
Hayes
Laughton
Raffl
Grant
Giroux

which is better tbh...

So, those #'s from your tweet are all fine and good, but Bunnaman can't win a face off. Makes it a little tough to play him when you can't use that line for any defensive zone draws as a result. It's a match up nightmare.

Reactions: Petr Svoboda Mullet

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Obviously, AV doesn't have a lot of confidence in Frost, I mean he only watched him play 20 games, obviously too small a sample.

Realistically, Bunnaman will get a shot, Frost when he's healthy with Grant at 4C, and Friedman may replace Hagg for a game or two (Ghost if the knee acts up).

The good side of this is AV will have a better feel for all his options going into the playoffs.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
So, those #'s from your tweet are all fine and good, but Bunnaman can't win a face off. Makes it a little tough to play him when you can't use that line for any defensive zone draws as a result. It's a match up nightmare.

Tbh while it is a consideration it is a very minor one... as even with his faceoffs losses he has still been more effective that Thompson even though team gets puck 15% less with him on dot.

Plus after ~10 seconds the advantage of an OZ faceoff win disappears statistically.

And Raffl is solid on the draw so can help in that regard.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Thompson's PDO is also high, thanks to an inflated on-ice sv% of .962.

Both of them are due for some regression, but at least Bunnaman seemed to be visually better outside of the good luck.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Plus Bunnaman has been very good defensively... so few shots and chances with him on ice.

Hopefully can get his O game going a bit more.

Raffl and NAK are great wingers to have for him as well...
Just to illustrate that, because I was curious...

.ThompsonBunnaman
CA/60
(shot attempts against per 60)
xGA/60
(expected goals against per 60)
HDCA/60
(high danger scoring chances against per 60)
SCA/60
(scoring chances against per 60)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I thought Thompson had done a nice 4C job of late.

I’m not buying the argument that the Flyers are better off with Bunnaman.

Reactions: Petr Svoboda Mullet

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006

Can't even use the PK excuse. Bunnaman hasn't PK'd in the NHL this year. Also Frost was one of the best PKers in the CHL, but doesn't even get used in that role with the Phantoms for some reason. Baffling.

Reactions: Striiker

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Can't even use the PK excuse. Bunnaman hasn't PK'd in the NHL this year. Also Frost was one of the best PKers in the CHL, but doesn't even get used in that role with the Phantoms for some reason. Baffling.

NAK was one of the best PKers in the CHL and was never played there... and a fantastic RHB/right slot guy on PP in CHL and never played PP in AHL really...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad