One of the best Avs d-men when it comes to picking on and hating

Happy b-day Nate G!!!

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
Greg Zanon takes the cake for me on that one.

The Beard was horrendous but honestly I blame Sherman for making an idiotic signing than him for just not being good enough. He was the epitome of a boring-ass depth signing.

Hunwick was not only a bad defenseman who made absolutely outrageous mistakes and always convinced dumb coaches he was a try-hard who deserved tons of minutes, but I also don't think he's all that outstanding a guy. Most nights he played soft as warm butter except for one game against his old friends from Boston. It was Marc Savard's first game back after missing tons of time due to concussions, and wouldn't ya know it, the ONE and ONLY time that dipshit throws a hard check, he proceeds to bash Savard's head into the glass on a completely innocuous play. Savard never took the ice again. Yes, I know, it would've happened eventually but that was still f***ing bush league. Also, he played a part in that whole locker room meltdown when Kyle Quincey came back and Sacco was too scared to change the lineup. Yeah, that guy's trash.

I will say when it comes to rage-inducing moments though, I think Francois Beauchemin takes the cake. Watching him get burned over and over and over again was enough to kill me several times over. I was a big fan of his prior to his arrival in Colorado, and now I can't even look at his name get mentioned somewhere without getting sick to my stomach.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
What happened to him?

Is he retired? Can't find any updated information beyond 2 years ago when he played for the San Diego Gulls.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Yeah, he's done. I mean, the guy's 36, the fact he kept it alive in the minors all the way through to 2017 is really something. But he's a bit of a goon so the AHL is kinda perfect for him.

Thanks! Thought he was in Europe to keep playing.

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
In 13-14 he and Holden came over and we were all like "wow, what great finds, they are great 3rd pairing d-men and Patrick Bordeleau is great too". Guenin's next season was then an atrocity exhibition. I still vividly remember the post-game of the "pointing" game against the Ducks were even Rycroft had to wonder what on earth Guenin was doing, and company man McNabb defending him saying it's part of Roy's man to man defense system.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->