Nasty Spear by Hedman

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaNaultinus

The Human Fund Donor
Mar 25, 2013
All nut shots should be a game or more depending on severity. That's the only way to take em out of the game. Otherwise players will keep doing this because it's only a fine.

pokey10

Neat
Apr 26, 2016
Pittsburgh
No, Crosby set the precedent, others are just following suit. Hedman is trying to play hockey the Canadian way. /s

This is what happens when a fanbase defends a play by their guy and then comes on here and talks about the same type of play being dirty. When Crosby does it he's being gritty and standing up for himself. When marchand does it, he's a rat piece of ****. Now that Hedman has done it, he's a dirty player for life - and the people digging up some video from 2011... what a reach there.

Bottom line, the dops doesn't seem to give a **** about these plays. Should it be a suspension? Yeah. But they set the precedent by letting everyone who does this walk, except the guy who has a history as long as his nose.

Oh get over yourself. Ya Sid was the first to ever do it. You heard it here folks.

DownIsTheNewUp

Mar 27, 2017
Tampa
Not gonna defend the nut shot, that sort of thing doesn't belong in the game. Sad to see Hedman stoop to that level.

That said, Hedman is not a guy I would remotely call a dirty player. Probably the one weakness is his game is not being rough enough with guys in front of the net. He is more of a stick checker than body checker and uses his size more to block guys out than to physically take them out. It does seem this year he has gotten more heated in games.

He did seem ticked about the play earlier in the game, Vasilevskiy was covering the puck, Hedman just standing in front, when Coleman decided to crosscheck Hedman into Vasi, knocking the net off. That's a play that easily could have hurt Hedman or Vasi. Coleman in true idiotic fashion began to celebrate his "goal" as the puck tricked past the line (the net was already clearly off at that point and the goal never would have counted anyway). I think that really got the viking in him going, whether or not that had anything to do with this Hischier shot I have no idea.

Reactions: North Cole

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Oh get over yourself. Ya Sid was the first to ever do it. You heard it here folks.

Didn't you already say inb4 people talk about Crosby? You knew this was coming and got your victim card out early.

He didn't set the precedent for cup checking. He set the precedent for being f***ing lauded for it, learn how to put the first half of my post with the second half of my post. There's also a reason I put /s. Someone who knows what inb4 is should have an idea what /s is.

When people talk about stuff like - Refs won't protect him, he has to do it himself. Or - He's been abused so much over the years...etc. Marchand doesn't get any slack but bringing up a hit from eight years ago really shows the depths some of you people will go to in order to create a narrative. Hedman is pretty tame in the grand scheme of things. What's next? Chara crosschecks someone and we need to dig up the hit where chara broke someone's neck and say hes a lifetime dirty player?

pokey10

Neat
Apr 26, 2016
Pittsburgh
Didn't you already say inb4 people talk about Crosby? You knew this was coming and got your victim card out early.

He didn't set the precedent for cup checking. He set the precedent for being ****ing lauded for it, learn how to put the first half of my post with the second half of my post. There's also a reason I put /s. Someone who knows what inb4 is should have an idea what /s is.

When people talk about stuff like - Refs won't protect him, he has to do it himself. Or - He's been abused so much over the years...etc. Marchand doesn't get any slack but bringing up a hit from eight years ago really shows the depths some of you people will go to in order to create a narrative. Hedman is pretty tame in the grand scheme of things. What's next? Chara crosschecks someone and we need to dig up the hit where chara broke someone's neck and say hes a lifetime dirty player?

did you mean /sarcasm ?

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
I can see NJ fans coming into this thread and talking. Makes complete sense. What makes no sense is Pens fans coming in, showing a video from a hit 7 years ago. On Crosby. Who has not only gotten away with worse nut shots than Hedman did last night but everything else. And then claiming that hit makes Hedman a dirty player.

He should get a fine. If they suspend him, fine, that'll hurt Tampa, but then they need to suspend every single spear and nut shot from here on out.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Riiiight.

Guys like Bobby Clarke, Chelios, Messier and Pronger are on the list but Malkin’s not there because he’s a goon?

Ha!
Yes. Recency Bias.

Explain why he was left off and not use "derrr dumb people voted"

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
They set the precedent when Lucic got away with it. Should be an auto one game but NHL doesn't seem to take these seriously.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Why didn't you get a vote then?

Why are you being rude for no reason? I was explaining why Malkin didn't get in. Dumb people voted. He's top 25 atleast. And Toews being in the top 400 let alone 100 is stupid. Alot of dumb people in the hockey media.

Come up with better insults. 2nd grade level at best.

Reactions: Aerrol

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Why does anyone want this in hockey? Worried there isn't enough testicular attention now that Lucic isn't in the playoffs?

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Why are you being rude for no reason? I was explaining why Malkin didn't get in. Dumb people voted. He's top 25 atleast. And Toews being in the top 400 let alone 100 is stupid. Alot of dumb people in the hockey media.

Come up with better insults. 2nd grade level at best.

Well calling all these voters dumb isn't being rude? I was just using your logic.

You're clearly missing my point in all of this. I am saying Malkin should be there, and I'm also saying there's a reason he isn't, and it's his popularity (or lack of) in the hockey media world.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Well calling all these voters dumb isn't being rude? I was just using your logic.

You're clearly missing my point in all of this. I am saying Malkin should be there, and I'm also saying there's a reason he isn't, and it's his popularity (or lack of) in the hockey media world.
You're proving my point.

Leaving Malkin off because you don't like him is pretty f***ing stupid.

And I doubt that was even the reason. The hockey media has been underrating Malkin since he came into the league, because it's filled with dumb people.

I'm not even denying Malkin is a bit of a dirty player(he's not out there trying to end careers though)... But that ain't the reason he was left off..

Jets88

Jul 1, 2016
This isn’t a spear. It’s more of an upwards slash. Cheap shot nonetheless.

HoliksGhost

Oct 24, 2007
He's not getting anything for that post game.

But what a d**che, towering over a teenager and sneaking in a nut tap, f**king p**sy.

Reactions: BruinLVGA

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017

He didn't set the precedent for cup checking. He set the precedent for being ****ing lauded for it, learn how to put the first half of my post with the second half of my post. There's also a reason I put /s. Someone who knows what inb4 is should have an idea what /s is.

I don't recall anyone lauding Sid for that. In fact it was your typical hysteria that "Crosby gets away with everything" when in fact the DOPS has a history of not suspending for this action.

Now SHOULD they suspend guys for this? Hell yes, this to me is one of the most gutless acts you can do to another man.

But Crosby is the one that everyone remembers because he's got a huge target on his back. But conveniently no one remembers that this action was occurring before Crosby was even freaking born.

I don't consider Hedman dirty (and I don't think Crosby is either), but this action (and Sid's) sure was. Just pointing out the silliness of some people are like "not gonna watch it, my player didn't do anything wrong"

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
You would've thought Hedman shot him by listening on the Devils' broadcast. The holier-than-thou preaching about what constitutes dirty is real f***ing gold coming from Ken Daneyko, who played with Scott Stevens.

I thought Hischier was going to cry on the bench.

HoliksGhost

Oct 24, 2007
You would've thought Hedman shot him by listening on the Devils' broadcast. The holier-than-thou preaching about what constitutes dirty is real ****ing gold coming from Ken Daneyko, who played with Scott Stevens.

Lol, what complete horse poopies, Hedman couldn't lace Scott Stevens skates, don't even go there.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
I can see NJ fans coming into this thread and talking. Makes complete sense. What makes no sense is Pens fans coming in, showing a video from a hit 7 years ago. On Crosby. Who has not only gotten away with worse nut shots than Hedman did last night but everything else. And then claiming that hit makes Hedman a dirty player.

He should get a fine. If they suspend him, fine, that'll hurt Tampa, but then they need to suspend every single spear and nut shot from here on out.
I think this makes sense, though I very much would like to see the suspension + future suspensions, for both private and public goods reasons.

Though - I'd also be okay with the 5+game if it gets caught by the referees and no subsequent suspension, or the suspension if the player gets away with it. I don't think we need both the 5+game and the 1 game suspension.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
You would've thought Hedman shot him by listening on the Devils' broadcast. The holier-than-thou preaching about what constitutes dirty is real ****ing gold coming from Ken Daneyko, who played with Scott Stevens.

Lol, Nico looks like that all the time on the bench. Not like he's going to cry, that's just his face.

And I love how it always comes back to Stevens, as if just knowing the guy makes you ineligible to say if something is dirty or not. "Yea, coming from the guy who's second cousin's best friend growing up that knew a guy who met Scott Stevens one time, that's rich! He has no room to talk"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad