Nasty Spear by Hedman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
When did I say he was a dirty player?

He made a dirty as **** play. That's all I've wrote. You can't even fathom that's possible and went as far to say there was embellishment. ****ing hysterical.

One dirty play does not make a player dirty but you better believe it still makes the play dirty.
Okay.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Don’t think its a suspension, maybe a call and fine at the most but its a coward move. Hedman should be embarrassed.

Reactions: Missionhockey

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
Absolutely needs to be a fine at the minimum.

Imo should get a game because I don’t know how he can justify that ‘love tap’ in that situation.

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
$2,000 fine. Suspend him next time not because the action is suspension worthy but because he obviously doesn't get the message from fines.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Hate those.. Dirty.

But do they ever get anything more than a fine for these? I wish they had the balls (oops) to suspend for things like this.
Seem to remember quite the few which has been worse than these that only rewarded a fine.

dkhockey

May 27, 2007
Europe
suspensions should always be handed out for crap like this.....

no man hits another man in the balls, what a wuss that Hedman is

Last edited by a moderator:

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
That's a f***in NUT SHOT people. Its as dirty as hit from behind, shot to head, etc etc. Real dirty. There NEEDS to be a suspension, less one day Crosby slices someone's NUTS OFF.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Done with the tip of the blade that is an actual spear by the rule book and should be a suspension. It is also dangerous.
I have no idea why the NHL lets this stuff go.

Reactions: Devils Dominion

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne
All this noise over a little public service by Hedman?

Just making sure the rook had his cup on. Goodness knows in the high pressure setting of the playoffs easy for some one to be forgetful.

But really. It is a penalty on the ice. It is likely a fine. It is never a suspension.

MtoD

Feb 4, 2018
All this noise over a little public service by Hedman?

Just making sure the rook had his cup on. Goodness knows in the high pressure setting of the playoffs easy for some one to be forgetful.

But really. It is a penalty on the ice. It is likely a fine. It is never a suspension.

Never is a strong word.

It's also, by rule, a major + game misconduct on the ice and will almost certainly get a fine.

byrath

Jan 28, 2008
St. Louis, MO
Just a fine, you can tell from Hischier's reaction that it wasnt too hard. Does the initial 'drop and cover em' which is normal, but quickly realizes that he's ok.
For the record that's what I believe DoPS will see and do, I'm totally in favor of automatic suspensions for clearly intentional nutshots.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Dirty and worthy of a penalty but the league typically only suspends plays that could cause an injury. Hedman isn't a tough guy and does do cheap stick work in garbage time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->