Nastiuk vs. Peters

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I haven't seen much of them but this is what I've gathered from what little I have seen:

Nastiuk is a very raw goalie that has solid reflexes and agility. He'll probably take another 2-3 seasons in the minors before he's ready for regular pro action but he should end up as a prety decent starter somewhere.

Peters is a prety agile guy that plays the angles well and is an exceptionally good puck-handler for a goalie. Last year wasn't his best in the OHL by any meens, but he has managed to steal a few playoff series over the past 3 years. Expect him to push Nastiuk, Kowalski and whoever Colorado sends to Albany for the starting position next season.

nuckfan insk

Nov 3, 2005
saskatoon Sask
nasty nastiuk needs to screw his head on straight as he is a good goalie with all the tools. unless he grows up in thee near future i doubt he will ever make it past ahl

KFO

Jan 29, 2003
edmonton
Visit site
nasty nastiuk needs to screw his head on straight as he is a good goalie with all the tools. unless he grows up in thee near future i doubt he will ever make it past ahl

what makes u say this? kevin is a friend of mine, and hes totally focused on his hockey career

DeathFromAbove

Jul 17, 2006
Nastiuk is a career AHL goalie, Peters might make it to the NHL some day. Both don't really have amazing potential.

rigger

Aug 18, 2004
Jessica Alba's Dream
I totally disagree with a few of you guys. I followed Nasty while he was in Med Hat and many nights they won games even though they were out shot 45-25. In his earlier days with the Tigers they were a bad team, they didn't win much but with him and a very deep set of forwards they won a lot, iirc he had the most shut outs in team history, beating out Kelly Hrudey. He was one of the better GGA and SP.

I like him as a tender, I see him and Cam Ward as similar goalies. Nasty should make a living in the NHL weather he is a starter or not I don't know.

Peter

Mar 1, 2002
Alberta
Visit site
I totally disagree with a few of you guys. I followed Nasty while he was in Med Hat and many nights they won games even though they were out shot 45-25. In his earlier days with the Tigers they were a bad team, they didn't win much but with him and a very deep set of forwards they won a lot, iirc he had the most shut outs in team history, beating out Kelly Hrudey. He was one of the better GGA and SP.

I like him as a tender, I see him and Cam Ward as similar goalies. Nasty should make a living in the NHL weather he is a starter or not I don't know.

I agree. Living here in the Hat I saw Nastiuk play for a few years and saw him grow into, IMO, a future NHL goalie. Sadly, it probably won't be with the Hurricanes. They are just too deep in quality "young goalies of the future". I would say a stellar year in the AHL will land him with another team in need of young goalies.

Nastiuk's personality is crazy but he is a great, great kid (young man I guess now). I loved his brief appearance in the NHL last season and thought he held his own at times. He needs at least 2 years of AHL seasoning but I would not discount this kid from playing in the NHL.

As for Peters...never saw him play.

rigger

Aug 18, 2004
Jessica Alba's Dream
I agree. Living here in the Hat I saw Nastiuk play for a few years and saw him grow into, IMO, a future NHL goalie. Sadly, it probably won't be with the Hurricanes. They are just too deep in quality "young goalies of the future". I would say a stellar year in the AHL will land him with another team in need of young goalies.

Nastiuk's personality is crazy but he is a great, great kid (young man I guess now). I loved his brief appearance in the NHL last season and thought he held his own at times. He needs at least 2 years of AHL seasoning but I would not discount this kid from playing in the NHL.

As for Peters...never saw him play.

Agreed, he is a different kid. Good guy though.

MM425

Aug 14, 2005
My opinion on the two Carolina keepers:

Nastiuk - Very raw and very skilled. He's a quick as goalies come but can let in the occasional soft goal. I've seen games where he dominates... and games where he's below average. Reminds me A LOT of Jeff Hackett, so if he finds consistency, I think he could be an NHL goalie one day.

Peters- Nothing flahsy... solid positionally. He's very mentally strong and nothing seems to phase him. Very good puckhandler and was deemed the most fit player his draft year. Not incredibly fast in the net and not very "big" in the net either. I personally don't know how he'll handle the pro game. Think Byron Dafoe when he was with the Bruins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->