Prospect Info: Nastasiuk Signs 3-Year Entry Level Deal

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Detroit Red Wings ‏@DetroitRedWings
UPDATE: The #RedWings have signed 2013 second-round pick Zach Nastasiuk to a three-year entry level deal.

Z Nasty signed! How does he project as a prospect? A similar player to Helm? Sheahan?

Last edited:

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
no, helm is ultimate speedster. and not much more.

nasty is average/below average skater. lacks high end off. skill. very mature kid. captain off his team. excellent stick work, very smart, works hard and makes the right play almost all the time.

good third liner is pretty realistic. who can play tons on pk and be out there dying minutes while protecting the lead.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Ferraro/Cleary (not when he sucked) type. Utility-type player, who works hard and will probably project as a third line player.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Ferraro/Cleary (not when he sucked) type. Utility-type player, who works hard and will probably project as a third line player.

This. Dan Clearly from back when he was useful, physical, and could skate.

babcocksmiles.jpg

$10 bucks says if Babs is still around Nasty will be fast tracked.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Got to see Zach last Friday in Plymouth, he had a fine game.

I would not compare him at all to a Cleary or Helm type, he's a much more heads up, intelligent player. I would imagine this is the reason for him being captain of Owen Sound, his sense and maturity. His linemates (who were excellent for him btw) Lindo and Smith did all the hard work in the zone while Nastasiuk likes to sit back in the high slot. In that way you could compare him to Emmerton he is always ready to turn and backcheck.

He did have one remarkable play, out racing and using his body to shield himself creating a shorthanded breakaway. He made a very simple deke with speed on the goalie and had the entire net to shuffle it in. He made the whole thing look easy.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Got to see Zach last Friday in Plymouth, he had a fine game.

I would not compare him at all to a Cleary or Helm type, he's a much more heads up, intelligent player. I would imagine this is the reason for him being captain of Owen Sound, his sense and maturity. His linemates (who were excellent for him btw) Lindo and Smith did all the hard work in the zone while Nastasiuk likes to sit back in the high slot. In that way you could compare him to Emmerton he is always ready to turn and backcheck.

He did have one remarkable play, out racing and using his body to shield himself creating a shorthanded breakaway. He made a very simple deke with speed on the goalie and had the entire net to shuffle it in. He made the whole thing look easy.
At the U-18s, he was a very Cleary-esque player. Lives on the boards and in front of the net, spends most of his time down low, and does a lot of the dirty work in terms of board battles and taking abuse in front of the net.

I could see his game changing as he gets more and more speed, though, which it sounds like he gained this offseason. It also sounds like Owen Sound has him in a much more offensive role than Team Canada did.

andidrw

Mar 30, 2012
why are wings signing them so early they dont have to sign him or do they ?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00