Nassau Coliseum FAQ/Visitor Info

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I'm on my way to the Coliseum to see the Dead and Company, is there a lot to park in for a quick getaway when the show is over?
Enter by the Marriott and make your first right and park all the way in the back corner. They open that gate to let cars out.

I wouldn't worry too much though - tonight's show is ridiculously undersold. You shouldn't have a problem getting out.

Reactions: Ronnie Bass

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Enter by the Marriott and make your first right and park all the way in the back corner. They open that gate to let cars out.

I wouldn't worry too much though - tonight's show is ridiculously undersold. You shouldn't have a problem getting out.
It's on a freaking Tuesday night, I can't remember the last time I went to any concert on a Tuesday night. And thanks.

This will be the first time I've been here since my dad took me to an Islanders game in 1981. They were my team before the Devil's came to town.

FourRings

Mar 26, 2013
New York City
Hey guys, whats the policy on bringing a charcoal grill to the Coliseum? Picked up a small grill recently and was considering bringing it on Saturday to tailgate before the Sabres game. I know they're not permitted as per the rules posted on the parking lot's website, but is it actually a rule that's followed?

And a follow up if "allowed": is there anywhere to discard hot coals?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
Hey guys, whats the policy on bringing a charcoal grill to the Coliseum? Picked up a small grill recently and was considering bringing it on Saturday to tailgate before the Sabres game. I know they're not permitted as per the rules posted on the parking lot's website, but is it actually a rule that's followed?

And a follow up if "allowed": is there anywhere to discard hot coals?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

That December 1 game last year, saw a family do this, no one gave them any issues. Granted it was getting dark out since it was a 7PM game, but I haven't seen anyone harassed for grilling.

IslesCLT

Apr 25, 2019
Charlotte
Left the island many years ago so I wanna make sure some things are still as I remember them...

Booked Garden City Hotel for when we come up for the rags game in February...I assume it hasn’t fallen off a cliff or anything, right?

Waterzooi is right there and the wife loves mussel pots but I haven’t been in 15 years or so...still a good meal?

I looked up online reviews and looks like I should be good, but wanted some local input too. Thanks, this will be my FIRST Isles/Rags game and I’m PUMPED!

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Left the island many years ago so I wanna make sure some things are still as I remember them...

Booked Garden City Hotel for when we come up for the rags game in February...I assume it hasn’t fallen off a cliff or anything, right?

Waterzooi is right there and the wife loves mussel pots but I haven’t been in 15 years or so...still a good meal?

I looked up online reviews and looks like I should be good, but wanted some local input too. Thanks, this will be my FIRST Isles/Rags game and I’m PUMPED!
Waterzooi is still a great place. Had Sunday brunch there in September. I try to get there for dinner after matinee games.

Reactions: IslesCLT

OpAck

Feb 19, 2004
Wilmington, NC
The family and I are in town to catch tomorrow's game. My sons have never been to the Coliseum, so I wanted to get them to a game in case we don't get another chance to make it up before Belmont.

We're at the Marriott. Like the Coliseum, it's really not in great shape. Just dated, and I nearly toppled over by the pool when I grabbed a broken railing. Got a room view of the Coliseum, so that makes up for it, heh.

We did go to Vincents for dinner and will do some skating tomorrow at Northwell Health Ice Center. Also, anyone know a place nearby for good Italian bread? Think I may want to get some for the in-law's Christmas dinner.

I bought tickets to tomorrow's game thru TickPick last week. Anyone have any experience dealing with them? I'm kinda getting nervous because the email confirmation says I should receive my tickets by today, but it's still apparently pending. I read alot of good reviews, but then there's some bad reviews that complain about invalid tickets or not getting their tickets until an hour or two before the event. That'll drive me nuts tomorrow if that happens. Just didn't know if any of you have had any experiences.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
The family and I are in town to catch tomorrow's game. My sons have never been to the Coliseum, so I wanted to get them to a game in case we don't get another chance to make it up before Belmont.

We're at the Marriott. Like the Coliseum, it's really not in great shape. Just dated, and I nearly toppled over by the pool when I grabbed a broken railing. Got a room view of the Coliseum, so that makes up for it, heh.

We did go to Vincents for dinner and will do some skating tomorrow at Northwell Health Ice Center. Also, anyone know a place nearby for good Italian bread? Think I may want to get some for the in-law's Christmas dinner.

I bought tickets to tomorrow's game thru TickPick last week. Anyone have any experience dealing with them? I'm kinda getting nervous because the email confirmation says I should receive my tickets by today, but it's still apparently pending. I read alot of good reviews, but then there's some bad reviews that complain about invalid tickets or not getting their tickets until an hour or two before the event. That'll drive me nuts tomorrow if that happens. Just didn't know if any of you have had any experiences.
I’ve used them for Mets tix. I also had to wait until game day for my tickets. Haven’t had problems with them yet though.

Reactions: OpAck

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Better place to stay for a game at the Coliseum- the Marriott so you can walk to/fro the game, or like a La Quinta a mile away?

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
if the islanders make the playoffs this year will they be playing on long island or in brooklyn?? do you even know yet? someone help i will be visiting nyc for the first time in mid april and would loveee to catch a game.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
if the islanders make the playoffs this year will they be playing on long island or in brooklyn?? do you even know yet? someone help i will be visiting nyc for the first time in mid april and would loveee to catch a game.
Being that we played at the Coli in the first round last year, the first round will almost certainly be at the Coliseum. Last year's playoff run took everyone by surprise and I don't think the Coliseum was available for later rounds - or at least not prepared for it. They gave some lame excuse that it wasn't a "major league facility" as the reason it went back to Barclays, but my guess is that now that they had time to figure out logistics (i.e. camera placement for national broadcasts, etc.) they'll do the Coliseum full time. They'll try to save face with some explanation but the fact remains that the games were MUCH better at the Coliseum. And this ownership is nothing if not sensitive to public sentiment.

But it hasn't been announced yet. Mid April is still the first round so I would plan on games at the Coliseum if that's when your trip is.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Looking at StubHub seats at Barclays, section 4 row 19. Says obstructed view. Anyone know exactly how obstructed?

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Looking at StubHub seats at Barclays, section 4 row 19. Says obstructed view. Anyone know exactly how obstructed?
It's fine as long as you watch on your phone.

Sorry, I know that wasn't helpful. I don't know the answer to your question but let me know if you want another smart ass answer.

Reactions: The Real JT

Axel574

Dec 9, 2015
At Barclays I personally would stay away from any seat more than 10 feet inside of our defend zone blueline. I've sat in a variety of sections over the past few seasons and anything inside that back crescent area is going to be unpleasant in one way or another.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
At Barclays I personally would stay away from any seat more than 10 feet inside of our defend zone blueline. I've sat in a variety of sections over the past few seasons and anything inside that back crescent area is going to be unpleasant in one way or another.
Except for section 29, row 18. Possibly the best seats in the league.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Is that another smartass answer or for real?
That is for real. You can look them up on viewfrommyseat or whatever that site is. Pretty incredible. I sat there once and was very impressed. You’re about 10 feet high and basically on top of the glass.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Is that another smartass answer or for real?
He’s correct. It’s like you have your own little perch over the game. It’s basically a 2 row section. Row 19 not as good but still has the same effect, mas o menos. But it’s a hidden gem in a sea of crap.

Reactions: scottywiper

Axel574

Dec 9, 2015
That is for real. You can look them up on viewfrommyseat or whatever that site is. Pretty incredible. I sat there once and was very impressed. You’re about 10 feet high and basically on top of the glass.

Nice... I may try to purchase those seats the next time I hit a Brooklyn game.

ONO94

Jan 18, 2010
Quick question--I may have an opportunity to go to Barclay's for a game next week but I don't know if my schedule will allow it. Do people sell tickets outside the arena or are they all electronic now?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Quick question--I may have an opportunity to go to Barclay's for a game next week but I don't know if my schedule will allow it. Do people sell tickets outside the arena or are they all electronic now?

I wouldn't trust anyone selling physical tickets but that's just me. All of the secondary market sites guarantee their tickets so at least there is some protection.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Its possible you'll find a fan going into the game that happens to have an extra seat but you're obviously at the whim of a) finding that fan and b) sitting in that specific seat.

You can, however, buy a seat on the secondary market right before game time and may do better at that point than you would 2 hours previously, either through stubhub, ticketmaster or otherwise. But I wouldn't go there expecting to "scalp" tickets in the old school way. Although it may periodically happen, there's not much of a resale scene there unless its a really popular game. And even then, you have no idea whether the ticket is legit.

ONO94

Jan 18, 2010
That's what I kind of guessed but thank you for the confirmation. I will keep track of StubHub to see what is available (depending on schedule).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad