Nassau Coliseum FAQ/Visitor Info

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
That's what I kind of guessed but thank you for the confirmation. I will keep track of StubHub to see what is available (depending on schedule).

Stubhub, seatgeek, game time, there's a bunch of options.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Anyone have any suggestions for a pub to meet for a quick beer near Barclay's before a game? Normally have kids in tow, so haven't had to find many bars ahead of games, and my memory sucks for names the few times I did go with friends.

I see Mcmahons or the 4th avenue pub look like the closest choices? any recommendations? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Crashsunday

Dec 18, 2006
San Diego
Have an opportunity to go to the game on Sunday, 3/22. Will be flying into town with my family. Looking for suggestions on best place to stay close to Barclays for Saturday and Sunday night before heading up to Boston. Appreciate any assistance.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Anyone have any suggestions for a pub to meet for a quick beer near Barclay's before a game? Normally have kids in tow, so haven't had to find many bars ahead of games, and my memory sucks for names the few times I did go with friends.

I see Mcmahons or the 4th avenue pub look like the closest choices? any recommendations? Thanks in advance.
On 5th Avenue there are a bunch of options....Montrose, McMahon's, Alchemist, Uncle Barrys. If you go down to 4th Ave, there's 4th Ave Pub, North Pole. There's that German joint on the other side of Barclays - Black Forest I think. Mullanes is also over there. Shortys is real close for a cheesesteak and beer too.

We're going to Threes tonight, which is a couple of blocks further - on the other side of 4th Ave. But delicious beer.

For bbq, Morgans is a great choice. There was another bbq joint real close but I think it may have closed.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Hey..I know Barclays has the Calvin Klien club does the coliseum have anything like that for islander games?
Not as exclusive as the Calvin Klein club but there is a club at the Coli. Anyone can access it (I'm assuming it comes with some tickets though). I think its about $50 for all you can eat. You can eat there or take the food back to your seats. There's sushi, meats, hot dishes, desserts, etc. You can get your money's worth if you want. There are high tops there - not really all that fancy, but nice enough.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Have an opportunity to go to the game on Sunday, 3/22. Will be flying into town with my family. Looking for suggestions on best place to stay close to Barclays for Saturday and Sunday night before heading up to Boston. Appreciate any assistance.
Not really necessary to stay near Barclays - you should probably look to stay in Manhattan and then just jump on the subway to get to the game. There are a few hotels within walking distance, I guess but its not an area you'd really want to stay. Not that its dangerous, but just not really the best way to go - especially if you're going to be there for 2 nights. There's a One Hotel by the Brooklyn Bridge which I'm sure is really nice but even that is a little bit of a walk. You could stay in Williamsburg at one of the new hotels there, which are nice and have a lot to do but its not particularly convenient to Barclays.

Don't be intimidated about getting on the subway with your family - its easy and quick from Midtown. Even more so from downtown.

Section311

Sponsor
Dec 21, 2008
long Island, NY
Not as exclusive as the Calvin Klein club but there is a club at the Coli. Anyone can access it (I'm assuming it comes with some tickets though). I think its about $50 for all you can eat. You can eat there or take the food back to your seats. There's sushi, meats, hot dishes, desserts, etc. You can get your money's worth if you want. There are high tops there - not really all that fancy, but nice enough.

thank you!!!

Steve55

Aug 21, 2005
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Best: An unceremonious end to Isles' tenure in Brooklyn

Updated March 17, 2020 10:40 AM (EDT)

On a conference call on Monday, Newsday asked president of hockey operations Lou Lamoriello about the status of the Islanders’ remaining slate in Brooklyn should the NHL return this spring following a “pause” during the COVID-19 pandemic.

He said if the season were to resume after the final scheduled game at Barclays, the intention would be to play all remaining games at NYCB Live’s Nassau Coliseum.

Then he noted the final scheduled game at Barclays was this Sunday against the Hurricanes – after one that was to be played against the Flames on Tuesday.

Question pretty much answered. “That would be a moot point at this point,” he said. In other words: See ya!

Steve55

Aug 21, 2005
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Nassau Coliseum Closure Will Cause Nearly 1,500 Layoffs
By Alex Costello, Patch Staff
verified-patch-staff.svg

Jul 6, 2020 2:35 pm ET|Updated Jul 6, 2020 2:36 pm ET

UNIONDALE, NY — Last month, it was announced that Nassau Coliseum would be closed indefinitely due to financial loses suffered during the coronavirus shutdown. Today, in filings with the state, the effects of that closure came more into focus.
In documents filed with the state's Department of Labor, Nassau Event Operations — a subsidiary of Onexim Sports and Entertainment — which manages the Coliseum, said that the closure will come with 1,419 layoffs...

Steve55

Aug 21, 2005
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Nassau, developer reach deal on Coliseum lease

'By Jim Baumbach[email protected] @jimbaumbachUpdated August 20, 2020 10:36 AM (EDT)

Nassau County says it has struck a deal for the Florida developer who helped finance NYCB Live’s Nassau Coliseum renovation to take over immediate control of the shuttered arena’s lease.

The county says the agreement with Jupiter, Fla.-based Nick Mastroianni II allows for Nassau to recoup more than $2 million in unpaid rent by former leaseholder Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov and sets the stage for the arena’s potential reopening...

The county said in a news release that Mastroianni has agreed to honor the contract with the New York Islanders to play their final season at the Coliseum as well as the deal that calls for the Long Island Nets to play their future NBA D-League schedules in Uniondale.

The county, in turn, has agreed to not issue another notice of default for any unpaid rent for 60 days, citing the pandemic’s ongoing economic impact, while Mastroianni prepares "a plan for sustained operations at the Coliseum." The county also is open to renegotiating the financial terms of the lease, originally signed by Brooklyn developer Bruce Ratner in 2013.

The current Coliseum lease calls for at least $4 million in rent to the county. Any such change to the lease would require approval by the Nassau Legislature...'

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
I'm wondering if there's going to be any games with fans next season unless the NHL plays over the summer again. Even if we have a vaccine in mass production not everyone will receive it right away. Assuming things are going well enough to consider it, maybe there would be something like limited attendance.

Last edited:

Steve55

Aug 21, 2005
Burnaby, BC, Canada
New Coliseum leaseholder gets break on rent

'By Jim Baumbach and Candice Ferrette
[email protected], [email protected] @jimbaumbach Updated November 20, 2020 6:43 PM (EDT)

Nassau County has agreed to let the new leaseholder of Nassau Coliseum off the hook from paying rent until at least the summer in a deal that also guarantees that the Islanders can use the arena if needed during the COVID-19 shutdown.

The lease amendment, which requires approval by the Nassau County Legislature, calls for rent relief that continues until six months after the state lifts all restrictions on arena events.

Under the current lease, Nassau County collects more than $4 million in annual rent from the Coliseum leaseholder...

The new leaseholder, Nassau Live Center LLC, headed by Nick Mastroianni II, has not paid rent since taking over in August after Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov had shuttered the building and walked away from $100 million in debt.

Mastroianni was next in line to take control of the lease because he had orchestrated the loan for the Coliseum’s 2015 renovation...

Among the proposals pitched to Mastroianni was to downsize the arena into a 5,000-seat music venue that would be operated by the arena management company Oak View Group. OVG also is a part owner and operator of the Islanders' new arena, UBS Arena, that is under construction at Belmont Park.

UBS Arena is slated to open in November 2021...'

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
New Coliseum leaseholder gets break on rent

'By Jim Baumbach and Candice Ferrette
[email protected], [email protected] @jimbaumbach Updated November 20, 2020 6:43 PM (EDT)

Nassau County has agreed to let the new leaseholder of Nassau Coliseum off the hook from paying rent until at least the summer in a deal that also guarantees that the Islanders can use the arena if needed during the COVID-19 shutdown.

The lease amendment, which requires approval by the Nassau County Legislature, calls for rent relief that continues until six months after the state lifts all restrictions on arena events.

Under the current lease, Nassau County collects more than $4 million in annual rent from the Coliseum leaseholder...

The new leaseholder, Nassau Live Center LLC, headed by Nick Mastroianni II, has not paid rent since taking over in August after Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov had shuttered the building and walked away from $100 million in debt.

Mastroianni was next in line to take control of the lease because he had orchestrated the loan for the Coliseum’s 2015 renovation...

Among the proposals pitched to Mastroianni was to downsize the arena into a 5,000-seat music venue that would be operated by the arena management company Oak View Group. OVG also is a part owner and operator of the Islanders' new arena, UBS Arena, that is under construction at Belmont Park.

UBS Arena is slated to open in November 2021...'
In November of 2021 Nassau Coliseum will become as useful as tits on a bull.

Steve55

Aug 21, 2005
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Ledecky expects Isles games at the Coliseum if no bubbles

'By Andrew Gross[email protected] @AGrossNewsdayUpdated December 22, 2020 12:00 AM

Jon Ledecky expects his Islanders to play at Nassau Coliseum this season if teams can use their home arenas, though the co-owner is unsure whether fans will be able to enter the building.
Regardless, Ledecky believes staging a new season amid the continuing COVID-19 pandemic is vital...

On Sunday, the NHL and the NHL Players’ Association announced that a truncated 56-game regular season to begin on Jan. 13 had been ratified. The sides hope teams can play at their home arenas but noted the possibility of games being played in hub cities instead.

UBS Arena at Belmont Park is expected to open in November 2021. The Islanders’ residency at the Coliseum was thrown into question when Mikhail Prokhorov’s Onexim announced last June that it was shutting the building, but Florida-based developer Nick Mastroianni II has assumed the lease...

It’s unclear, though, when or if fans will be allowed into the Coliseum...'

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Well, the Isles have played at an empty Coliseum for years, so much ado about nothing on that topic...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad