Nassau Coliseum FAQ/Visitor Info

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Hey, he wanted cheap! At least I didn't tell him to go to Sbarros for an authentic NY slice.

giphy.gif

They were upset but when I said Mighty Taco blows Taco Bell and Moe's out of the water and that the best wings in all of Buffalo are at a bar a few blocks from the arena and that Anchor Bar is a tourist trap they forgave me!

I have no dog in any of those fights. :laugh:

Reactions: sabremike

nycole

no longer in distress
Feb 25, 2016
Juniors down by LIU would be an excellent place to go, albeit a little pricey. The Applebees right by it would be a good option if value is the most important thing for you as the food is adequate, it isn't crowded and there are tons of TV's to watch games.

I'm sure I'll be chastised for Crapplebees.

Check out City Point, it's basically a bunch of pop up food stands, kind of like reading terminal in Philly, and there are a lot of great options. It's on Flatbush and Dekalb, a few blocks from Barclays. You can also get a beer while you're walking around deciding which place to try. Fletchers BBQ is good, there's a really nice taco place a seafood stand where you can sit at a bar and have a drink and a sandwich shop that serves portions big enough for two meals... lots of choices. I highly recommend.

If you google City Point Brooklyn you can't miss.

Thanks, forgot about that place though I've been there a dozen times. It might be a little too far. I don't want to get my out of town friend lost.

morgans bbq, patsys pizza, uncle barrys for beer and byob bar....sabremike, you should be infracted for recommending applebees

If you want bbq, morgan's is the way to go. Shorty's is good for cheeseteaks. Black Iron Burger is solid. Couple of beer halls with beer hall-esque food (DSK, Black Forest or Kings).

Depends what you're looking for. There are tons of options in every direction. If you want something on the nicer side, Vanderbilt (on Vanderbilt shockingly enough) has small plates, larger plates and good beer.

None of them involve Applebees. Or Juniors.

I'll look at Morgans, thank you.

Hey, he wanted cheap! At least I didn't tell him to go to Sbarros for an authentic NY slice.

This woman is debating a petition to have you exiled from NYC.

OsloBladeIslander

Aug 5, 2011
Oslo
Hi guys!
A Norwegian traveling to New York this weekend for my first Isles games at Barclays Center. On the Sunday I'm hoping to watch the NFL games before Isles-Lightning. Are there any good sports bars close to Barclays Center where the NFL will be on?

Thanks!

Reactions: The Lighthouse

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Hi guys!
A Norwegian traveling to New York this weekend for my first Isles games at Barclays Center. On the Sunday I'm hoping to watch the NFL games before Isles-Lightning. Are there any good sports bars close to Barclays Center where the NFL will be on?

Thanks!
Every bar will probably have the football games on. There are tons of places nearby but one place that I enjoyed was Morgans. Not a sports bar but a KILLER barbecue restaurant. They have a bar and TV's so if you are looking for BBQ while watching the NFL, I would highly recommend this place. Morgan's BBQ

Reactions: OsloBladeIslander

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Hi guys!

Thanks!

Across Flatbush Ave (and across from the arena) there are a ton of places on 5th Ave.

Reactions: OsloBladeIslander

LoneFunyan

Proud of all the points
Nov 11, 2015
Hi All,

Happen to be in Brooklyn on biz this week and was hoping to see a game but of course this is one of the Nassau weeks. How hard is it to get from Brooklyn to Nassau on public transit? Will there be single tix readily available to at box office or from scalpers? Is it a safe situation re transit after the game?

Thanks for all help.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
It's not hard to get from Brooklyn to Nassau, it just takes awhile.

Your best bet is to take the Long Island Rail Road from either Flatbush Ave (Downtown Brooklyn) or Penn Station (Manhattan) to Mineola and get a cab to the arena. If you take the train from Flatbush, you'll have to transfer to a different train at Jamaica Station in order to continue on to Mineola, but they're usually right across the platform from each other. To go home, just do the same thing in reverse.

The area around the arena is safe because it's just a huge parking lot, and the area around Mineola station is safe as well.

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
Public Transit: Not easy but not impossible - You'll need to take the LIRR from Atlantic Terminal (Across the street from Barclays) to Mineola and then take a cab/uber to the Coliseum and then do the same in reverse going back. Train timing may be challenging on the way back.

For tickets I'd recommend stub hub for a day of purchase, especially if it's a weekday game... prices will likely be below face value.

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
FWIW I take the LIRR to Hempstead and then take the n70, n71 or n72 to a stop right across the street from the coliseum. Has worked like a charm before and after the game.

Reactions: sabremike

Sparksrus3

NYI - THE TEAM WITH NO ❤️
Jun 2, 2012
If you log on to nyislandher-nia.com you can enter your name in a new promotion where Andrew Ladd , who is often not busy on game nights, will pick up 1 lucky fan with up to 3 friends anywhere in the 5 boroughs and drive them to the arena and home from the game afterwards. (Tolls are not included)

Reactions: nycole

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
FWIW I take the LIRR to Hempstead and then take the n70, n71 or n72 to a stop right across the street from the coliseum. Has worked like a charm before and after the game.

Oh eff that.

Lirr to Westbury. Cabs are right there and take you right down Post Ave/Merrick Ave to game

nycole

no longer in distress
Feb 25, 2016
LIRR to Westbury (the highest train fare but closest), Mineola (most frequent service) or Hempstead (tbh the area is kind of sketchy but you'll be fine), then an Uber. LI taxis are expensie and territorial so you should walk a block or two away from the train station.

KnightsFan110

Apr 23, 2013
Hi Islanders fans!

I will be coming from Toronto for the game on April 1st. I definitely know for obvious reasons that the Leafs are not well liked in particular when they come down , just some questions about transit! I'll be staying in midtown Manhattan . Does public transit go from there to the Coliseum ? Also how many transfers is it??

I look forward to being a visiting fan in a crazy atmosphere ! Makes me wish i didn't miss the first game that Toronto came down for!

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Hi Islanders fans!

I will be coming from Toronto for the game on April 1st. I definitely know for obvious reasons that the Leafs are not well liked in particular when they come down , just some questions about transit! I'll be staying in midtown Manhattan . Does public transit go from there to the Coliseum ? Also how many transfers is it??

I look forward to being a visiting fan in a crazy atmosphere ! Makes me wish i didn't miss the first game that Toronto came down for!
Take the 6 train to Hunt's Point after the game and just walk around. Great people watching (especially late at night). Bring cash and enjoy.

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
Hi Islanders fans!

Your best bet to reach the Coliseum via public transportation is to take the LIRR to Ronkonkoma. Once you get there, the Coliseum will only be a short cab ride away. You'll just need to make sure that your train arrives before 6:45.

Reactions: nycole

nycole

no longer in distress
Feb 25, 2016
Your best bet to reach the Coliseum via public transportation is to take the LIRR to Ronkonkoma. Once you get there, the Coliseum will only be a short cab ride away. You'll just need to make sure that your train arrives before 6:45.
Central Islip is closer though.

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
Out of interest... I look like i will be in US in mid October en route to South America ... Coming a week earlier to get in some Isles games and desperately hoping for a Coliseum game. Obviously fixtures will determine that, but if it falls into place... Any suggestions on where to stay nearby? And is the public allowed to attend training?

Lord at War

Mar 27, 2017
L.I. Sound Shore
Out of interest... I look like i will be in US in mid October en route to South America ... Coming a week earlier to get in some Isles games and desperately hoping for a Coliseum game. Obviously fixtures will determine that, but if it falls into place... Any suggestions on where to stay nearby? And is the public allowed to attend training?
There is a hotel on the Coliseum property - Long Island Marriott. This is where all of the road teams stay - warning it is in an isolated hard to reach location with limited dining / amusement options nearby. Islanders practice venue is about 1 mile away. Islanders do not allow the public to observe practice. My suggestion would be to stay at the posh Garden City Hotel which is smarty located next to the Long Island Rail Road station.

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
There is a hotel on the Coliseum property - Long Island Marriott. This is where all of the road teams stay - warning it is in an isolated hard to reach location with limited dining / amusement options nearby. Islanders practice venue is about 1 mile away. Islanders do not allow the public to observe practice. My suggestion would be to stay at the posh Garden City Hotel which is smarty located next to the Long Island Rail Road station.
Thanks for that...another option is to stay in Brooklyn or Manhattan and commute?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->