NASN in Sweden?

Tomas

Aug 9, 2006
North American Sports Network (www.nasn.com) has the exclusive TV-rights for NHL in Europe and in the countries where NASN isn´t available they sell the rights to other channels.

In Sweden we can´t see NASN and that sucks! It would be great with a channel with NFL, MLB and most important, a lot of NHL. I´ve heard some rumors that NASN want to start broadcasting the channel i Sweden but I can´t find any information about that anywhere.

You guys on HF-Boards seems to have a lot of information so I wonder if anyone heard anything about this.

And my second question is if Center Ice ever will come to Europe? That would of course be the best solution, but I don´t think it will happen...

Thanks!:)

Westlander

the olden time
Aug 31, 2004
The Netherlands
I don't know anything about Sweden, but I was lucky enough that my cable provider here in the NL finally picked up NASN last spring. If it says nothing on the NASN website, then all you can probably do is send a letter/email to your cable company. Are there really no other options to watch NHL hockey in Sweden, like Canal + or anything like that? I would have thought Sweden would offer some of the best coverage, given the profile of hockey and the number of Swedish players in the NHL.

Art Vandelay

Jan 14, 2004
Stockholm
www.eliteprospects.com
Canal+ does broadcast NHL in Sweden, 2-3 games / week during the regular season, more in the playoffs.

Thing is with Canal+, you get about 5-7 channels, one of them is sport the other are filled with mostly movies and some tv-series that you dont necessarily want. Meaning that you have to pay big money for a product of which you only want something like 1%.

Galchenkel

Nov 9, 2003
Saint Pierre
twitter.com
Canal+ does broadcast NHL in Sweden, 2-3 games / week during the regular season, more in the playoffs.

Thing is with Canal+, you get about 5-7 channels, one of them is sport the other are filled with mostly movies and some tv-series that you dont necessarily want. Meaning that you have to pay big money for a product of which you only want something like 1%.

does a french channel like Canal + broadcast in sweden in english/swedish ?

Crosby=Gretzky

Dec 7, 2004
i lost myself
does a french channel like Canal + broadcast in sweden in english/swedish ?

Yep, and in finland to, I believe. I agree with Lion of the North, it's completely unneccesary to have to pay four 7-8 channels, when you just want to see NHL hockey(and possible some games from the SEL).

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Canal+ has the rights for SEL, SM-liiga and NHL last season, plus football (Premier league and Serie A).

So far they haven't announced whether NHL will continue on their channels or not next season.

IrishDevsFan

Jul 30, 2006
I'm not really adding to the conversation much here, but I have NASN here in Ireland and it really is a godsend - their NHL coverage is excellent and the NBA really does play second fiddle. As for the NFL - non-existent! They don't have a deal at the moment with the NFL (and apparently they are 'negotiating' for a contract).

I'm sure soon enough they will start online streaming of games and until then theres always NHL.com radio!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->