Nashville's seconds, 38 and 52

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
So, knowing that the organizational weakness is top six forwards, beyond Taylor Beck, Blake Geoffrion, Austin Watson, and the now graduated-Colin Wilson...

Who might be some players to keep an eye on, if you're a Predators fan, with these two second round picks? I've been a huge Rocco Grimaldi fan, but something tells me someone (Detroit, if I had to bet) will snag him with a late first. What about Tomas Jurco? Boone Jenner?

Who might be available at these spots that fill the always hungry scoring void for the Preds?

Stanleyjub

Oct 24, 2009
hockey
So, knowing that the organizational weakness is top six forwards, beyond Taylor Beck, Blake Geoffrion, Austin Watson, and the now graduated-Colin Wilson...

Who might be some players to keep an eye on, if you're a Predators fan, with these two second round picks? I've been a huge Rocco Grimaldi fan, but something tells me someone (Detroit, if I had to bet) will snag him with a late first. What about Tomas Jurco? Boone Jenner?

Who might be available at these spots that fill the always hungry scoring void for the Preds?

Both Jurco and Jenner are late/1st-rounders imo. I could see Viktor Rask,Seth Ambroz,Daniel Catenacci maybe fall for Preds. Tobias Rieder, Michael St.Croix with the later pick maybe :)

TheKingSlayer

He was in the way!
Mar 12, 2008
Ottawa
Brett Richie and Seth Ambroz.. if anyone can get the head on straight with Ambroz it is Barry Trotz. Richie is a big bodied forward which is pretty much their bread and butter.

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006
You guys are right in the range to take a shot at a high-risk but high-reward Rask or Ambroz. If Jurco, Rattie, Phillips or Namestnikov fall into your lap at 38 you would have to take them. Although I would understand your management not wanting to draft a Russian. Maybe Shane Prince?

JawandaPuck

Lost Art of Dynasty
Apr 10, 2007
Vancouver BC
jawandapuck.blogspot.com
Since the legit top sixers left by that point will likely be Russians (a risky type of pick for NSH, vis-a-vis Radulov), I would suggest trading the 38th and 52nd to WSH for their 26th. WSH has no second or third round picks in this draft.

NSH can then ensure themselves a real shot at Ty Rattie and WSH can use the second rounders on the remaining top Russian(s) and necessary complementary player(s).

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Shane Prince
Victor Rask
Stefan Noeson
Rickard Rakell
Mario Lucia
Joe Labate

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad