Confirmed with Link: Nashville trade Bonino, picks 37 and 70 to Minnesota for Luke Kunin and pick 101

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I like the trade from a value perspective for the Wild, but Kunin will the best player from this trade (in all likeliness) and for a long time. He’s a RW with a good shot and some grit. Decent pickup that you guys should be excited about. I was a proponent of locking him up long term on a higher AAV than he deserves right now in the hopes of it looking good down the road. Something like 7x4. Guerin obviously disagreed.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
For the nerds out there here's how the David Gosselin saga has played out for us:

Sign David Gosselin as a free agent

Gosselin and 5th for rights to Mann and Belfour

Belfour's rights expire and we gain a 2nd (Weber)

Weber for Subban

Subban for Santini, Davies, '19 2nd, '20 2nd

34th in '19 to Philly for 45(Afanasyev) and 65(Cambell)

Bonino, 37th(Marat Khusnutdinov) and 70th(Traded to Detroit;Eemil Viro) in '20 for Kunin and 101st(Adam Wisby)

Afanasyev, Cambell, Wisby and Kunin are with us now.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Really interesting stuff coming out of some top reporters talking about the Preds swinging for the fences for a left wing. Halls name has come up more than a couple of times.

Doubt it happens but who knows.

I'm more interested in dropping more salary and rebuilding. That's probably just me tho

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Really interesting stuff coming out of some top reporters talking about the Preds swinging for the fences for a left wing. Halls name has come up more than a couple of times.

I'm more interested in dropping more salary and rebuilding. That's probably just me tho
What additional salary could we reasonably drop without taking an even further bath on value? Johansen and Duchene are both going to be tough contracts to move without taking bad contracts back and we also won't get elite assets back (and are back into the "not having top 6 centers" era). Ellis is not quite as problematic but similar dilemma. Forsberg and Arvy are on good contracts and we probably don't want to move them. I assume Josi's in it for the long haul. With most of these pieces still on the roster we aren't in top 5 pick territory.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia

Swing for hall end up for voracek

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I was thinking the same thing earlier. Former 1st round pick who scored a fairly decent amount in limited minutes. Hopefully it works out better this time around.

At least Kunin was putting up points with mediocre players. Hartman got to benefit from playing with Kane, Toews, or Hossa frequently.

TK

Feb 26, 2019
Hartman had almost zero playing time with any of those three during his best season in Chicago. I have no idea why he fell off a cliff, but it wasn't because of linemates.

TK

Feb 26, 2019
16-17 he played with either Hossa or Toews most of the time according to this site and 17-18 he was with Kane the most.

His best season was 16-17, and he did play with Hossa and Toews some, but not nearly half of the time. His most common linemates that year were Krueger, Vinnie Hinostroza, Tanner Kero and Hossa. He played around 200 minutes each with Toews and Panik. And he actually performed much better away from Hossa and Toews than he did with them. His success and subsequent failure cannot be attributed to linemates

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
What were the Twitter Perds fans expecting from him? I thought he was good while he was here. How many times did he save our bacon while playing in the D zone as well? It was more than once.

Guess they thought he was going to be a 2C like Poile was saying when he first signed him.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Eklund is saying that the Preds are taking a run at Taylor Hall. It's Eklund, but I can believe it because it certainly explains why Poile just got rid of two centers and opened up a lot of cap space.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
What were the Twitter Perds fans expecting from him? I thought he was good while he was here. How many times did he save our bacon while playing in the D zone as well? It was more than once.

Guess they thought he was going to be a 2C like Poile was saying when he first signed him.

TBH I kind of thought it was a weird comment. People on Twitter are constantly wanting to trade players no matter what team they cheer for. And if he was reading Twitter last season people were complimenting him a ton.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Bonino was a pretty big disappointment early on when we wanted him to be our 2C but once we played him in the bottom six like fits his play style he was outstanding. Honestly though if you’re a pro athlete why would you ever read Twitter. I’m sure it’s hard to resist trying to see what people are saying about you but I’d hate to read a bunch of random people commenting on my work performance with very little actual insight into what the job entails.

Reactions: predfan24

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
So Poile basically gutted the roster of players who got slotted up in the lineup by Hynes, right?

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Eh outside of this past season Bonino has been ok. Poile moving him at his highest value for something younger makes sense.

I get Bonino not liking it but that's part of the business. Why anyone listens to twitter is beyond me, especially in the sports world. It's a cesspool of stupidity.

TK

Feb 26, 2019
This right here. He'll get what...a 3rd at the deadline? Preds picked up a young player who will be a part of the top-9 for years.

If he plays like last season, he'll get more than a 3rd without question. He's a center that can play tough minutes and play them well.

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019
When you have a Cap you don’t have the best players you can sign. You have the best players you can fit in under the Cap. So, in managing the Cap, you sometimes have to displace good players. Thus Bonino.
He could play 3C for the Preds for a few more years, kill penalties, block shots, win faceoffs and bag 15-20 goals. Really a solid player and well liked by teammates and fans. But he’s just a casualty of Cap management.
Poile must have a goal in this Cap management season. We don’t know yet know what it is and, if some player he’s seeking doesn’t come here, we may never know. But he’s cleared a lot of space.
We’ll see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->