Nashville to raise ticket prices as much as 50%

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeytown9321

Jun 18, 2004
When your main argument is "My bread isn't buttered like it used to be" it does:shakehead

You'll have to point me in the direction of any post or argument I've made to that effect. But I guess even if you can't, that shake head emoticon does prove your point.

hockeytown9321

Jun 18, 2004
The NHL needed salary control if it was to thrive. Ranting and whining about ticket prices does not change this fact.

I'm not ranting about the prices. I'm ranting about the fact that they're going up at an alarming rate, which is contrary to the statements Gary, Bill, and many fans here made. Remember, Nashville is but one of a dozen or so teams that have publicly announced increases this summer.

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
well, most everyone knows where I stand on the CBA issues, but i will say this about that...

under this new CBA, the owners are obligated to charge as much as they can for as many things as they can.

and this is good for fans, lol ...

oh well, the old CBA is not coming back, but the next one is going to make things worse (again) for the fans.

i cant ever support the owners.

Resolute

Mar 4, 2005
AB
I'm not ranting about the prices. I'm ranting about the fact that they're going up at an alarming rate, which is contrary to the statements Gary, Bill, and many fans here made. Remember, Nashville is but one of a dozen or so teams that have publicly announced increases this summer.

You are ranting about your perception that ticket prices are going up at "an alarming rate". I have yet to see any facts on the matter.

I would suggest your own bias is playing a heavy role in your perception.

jamiebez

Apr 5, 2005
Ottawa
Like I said earlier, the salary cap HAS some effect on ticket prices in certain markets.

In Dallas they can't make the team competitive by spending $65M per year anymore and Dallas hockey market is not Toronto, i.e. they won't pay ridiculous prices when their team is not doing well. So when the payroll goes down, the team competiviness goes down (at some point, maybe next season) and the demand for tickets decreases. That could lead to cheaper ticket prices in Dallas if the team's optimal revenuestream equation demands that.

Bettman's "more affordable" is both 1) highly relative and 2) doesn't mean all teams.
Excellent post.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Since we've gone from attacking the message to attacking the messenger, .... *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->