Nashville Showing Interest In a Clarksville TN Arena?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
A AHL team seems like the most likely tenant. If the predators are involved directly. There is no reason they would have interest in an echl franchise.
IMO, the Predators could be just as likely supporting the Clarksville arena project as part of their greater initiative to grow the sport in their region. If you read through the NSH thread that I linked above, you'll see that they are on a mission to build more small rink complexes around Nashville (two open already) focused on youth hockey development. Lending their name and possible dollars to the Clarksville development - no matter the level of hockey that the city is able to attract (college, juniors, lower pros) - would benefit the Preds' corporate goal.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
doubtful the NSH/MIL relationship is in trouble..... some posters need to stop starting trouble where there is none, because the same can be thrown back at the City of Worcester for attempting to steal franchises from other markets

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
doubtful the NSH/MIL relationship is in trouble..... some posters need to stop starting trouble where there is none, because the same can be thrown back at the City of Worcester for attempting to steal franchises from other markets
I did not think of Worcester for one second when I wrote this. Your theory that I have some sort of grudge against Portland or that I have any kind of inside info on Worcester Is completely made up.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I did not think of Worcester for one second when I wrote this. Your theory that I have some sort of grudge against Portland or that I have any kind of inside info on Worcester Is completely made up.
dude, do you ever think before you post, all Nashville is doing is managing the arena, if it ever passes, you keep jumping to conclusions about pro hockey going there..... there is nothing to the conclusion that Nashville is leaving Greenville or Milwaukee...... this also involves Austin Peay University as a tenant for college Basketball as their home court

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Not one person started a rumor in this thread. None. Zero. Zilch.
uh, saying that Milwaukee is moving to Clarksville, TN, CLASSIFIES AS WHAT, when Nashville doesn't own the Admirals, Darryl, even veteran fans and credible journalists aren't that or make that leap, same can be said about Greenville or wherever the Predators have an affiliation with in the ECHL, HOW MANY echl tEAMS ARE OUTRIGHT owned by an NHL club, the way the AHL now requires an affiliation as part of the active franchise status.

Captain Crash

Apr 9, 2015
uh, saying that Milwaukee is moving to Clarksville, TN, CLASSIFIES AS WHAT, when Nashville doesn't own the Admirals, Darryl, even veteran fans and credible journalists aren't that or make that leap, same can be said about Greenville or wherever the Predators have an affiliation with in the ECHL, HOW MANY echl tEAMS ARE OUTRIGHT owned by an NHL club, the way the AHL now requires an affiliation as part of the active franchise status.

You were literally the one that brought up Milwaukee.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I've been saying for a while that Nashville would be bound to try and expand the game of hockey in Tennessee in the best way possible. I was somewhat convinced that Memphis would be the place sometime in the future for the AHL, Clarkson is too small for an AHL team, I think ECHL might be a good start for it.

But if Nashville does decide to go down a road within the Tennessee region, I hope the Minnesota Wild take over the Milwaukee Admirals.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I've been saying for a while that Nashville would be bound to try and expand the game of hockey in Tennessee in the best way possible. I was somewhat convinced that Memphis would be the place sometime in the future for the AHL, Clarkson is too small for an AHL team, I think ECHL might be a good start for it.

But if Nashville does decide to go down a road within the Tennessee region, I hope the Minnesota Wild take over the Milwaukee Admirals.

Milwaukee is in a perfect location for our AHL team and we've had a great relationship with them since our inception. I doubt that will change any time soon.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte

I see this is an older thread but I saw this would like to chime in.....

I asked about this on the Predators board some time ago and got a very heavy "No!" for reasons that @Soundgarden mentioned.

However I'll add this. I've been to Memphis a few times, one of the things I noticed while there is the sports relationship between Memphis and Nashville is a lot like Charlotte and Raleigh, lot of pettiness between the fans/writers but this one has a bit of a twist. There are a lot of Cowboys fans in Memphis and very few Titans fans, this goes back to when Nashville received the Oilers when Memphis was vying for an expansion team in the 90's, as well as the Oilers unsuccessful temporary stint in Memphis that saw them leave for Vanderbilts stadium one year before Nissan Stadium would be completed. Memphians still hold this grudge.

That, and I've got family in Memphis who have lived there for 25 years now. They had no clue that the RiverKings existed. Some of that may have been because the team played in Southaven, MS but they looked at me funny when I told them this. To put it bluntly, I don't think Memphians would support a Predators-AHL team for the reasons stated above but also because there's very little interest in Hockey. It's a Football town and everything else is an afterthought.

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
I see this is an older thread but I saw this would like to chime in.....

I asked about this on the Predators board some time ago and got a very heavy "No!" for reasons that @Soundgarden mentioned.

However I'll add this. I've been to Memphis a few times, one of the things I noticed while there is the sports relationship between Memphis and Nashville is a lot like Charlotte and Raleigh, lot of pettiness between the fans/writers but this one has a bit of a twist. There are a lot of Cowboys fans in Memphis and very few Titans fans, this goes back to when Nashville received the Oilers when Memphis was vying for an expansion team in the 90's, as well as the Oilers unsuccessful temporary stint in Memphis that saw them leave for Vanderbilts stadium one year before Nissan Stadium would be completed. Memphians still hold this grudge.

That, and I've got family in Memphis who have lived there for 25 years now. They had no clue that the RiverKings existed. Some of that may have been because the team played in Southaven, MS but they looked at me funny when I told them this. To put it bluntly, I don't think Memphians would support a Predators-AHL team for the reasons stated above but also because there's very little interest in Hockey. It's a Football town and everything else is an afterthought.
Are there any blues fans in Memphis. The STL cardinals have their AAA team there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->