GDT: Nashville Predators @ Washington No Goals (12/30/23 , 7pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
For any who mess with the (horribly redesigned) NHL app, worth checking out the postgame player interviews on Caps team page. Ethan Bear seems like a really likeable kid. Discussed being pleasantly surprised with his stamina and conditioning tonight, said it was cool to play on same team as guys like Ovie, Carlson, Kuz.

Shep, on the other hand, has a quirky, quiet, almost shell-shocked kind of vibe. Seems like an odd dude, honestly, but boy does he battle to keep puck out. I want him as our No. 2 behind Lindgren. I wish GMBM would deal DK to someplace with an urgent goalie problem. Like Leafs

That was bullshit.
Absolute certified 100% bullshit

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
For any who mess with the (horribly redesigned) NHL app, worth checking out the postgame player interviews on Caps team page. Ethan Bear seems like a really likeable kid. Discussed being pleasantly surprised with his stamina and conditioning tonight, said it was cool to play on same team as guys like Ovie, Carlson, Kuz.

Shep, on the other hand, has a quirky, quiet, almost shell-shocked kind of vibe. Seems like an odd dude, honestly, but boy does he battle to keep puck out. I want him as our No. 2 behind Lindgren. I wish GMBM would deal DK to someplace with an urgent goalie problem. Like Leafs

Absolute certified 100% bullshit
Shep has looked so much better as a rookie goalie in 4 Caps games compared Darcy Kuemper playing a season and a half for us!

So, for the first part of his career, Ovie was presented as the Russian villain against the Canadian hero that was Crosby. Now that he's getting closer to the Great One, the NHL has changed tack to protect the Canadian record-holder. You can argue against it... but it looks just like that...
100% no argument from me. 10 career disallowed goals for OV now!

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I’m usually not one to blame refs, but we got jobbed there. There isn’t a hockey fan in Nashville that will tell you that was a good call.
Refs called a good goal on the ice and were just about to drop the puck at center ice for the faceoff. The Refs only announced what the TO office had reviewed and decided. In the Caps post-game show it was pointed out that had the goal happened a few secs earlier(like 1:01 left in the game), TO office wouldn't have been able to make a review decision as I think they can only weigh in if there is 1 min or less left in the game(someone correct me if I'm wrong on those detailed rules).

Reactions: Corby78

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Refs called a good goal on the ice and were just about to drop the puck at center ice for the faceoff. The Refs only announced what the TO office had reviewed and decided. In the Caps post-game show it was pointed out that had the goal happened a few secs earlier(like 1:01 left in the game), TO office wouldn't have been able to make a review decision as I think they can only weigh in if there is 1 min or less left in the game(someone correct me if I'm wrong on those detailed rules).
I'm fine with the review rule in the playoffs but having some assess watching on a big screen tv somewhere weigh in on a game is grosse.

Reactions: SherVaughn30

TheSmokingMan

Nov 20, 2006
Maryland
Just watched the replay. I thought they played pretty well against a good Nashville team. Shepard, while I loved his battle, played a little too deep in his crease at times and it cost them in the first period and the shootout. Having said that, I would still play him over Kuemper right now.

The goal being disallowed was absolutely horrendous. Apparently, it only takes a stiff breeze to be interference now. There are goals scored like that in almost EVERY game and they don't get called back. I just don't understand the reasoning here. The inconsistency of the officiating does nothing but piss the fans off (you know the ones who pay the bills) and make the league look like a bunch of amateurs. If it's going to be like this, I'd rather not have reviews at all.

Reactions: Randyne and Corby78

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection

Don’t blame Toronto. Good teams find a way to win. This team isn’t a good team.
Such a false tired trope that you use repeatedly and is disproved nearly every day of RS

Here's some recent examples of "Good teams finding a way to win" :teach2:

NYR:
Nov27 5-1L BUF
Dec5 6-2L OTT
Dec9 4-0L WSH ;)

TOR:
Dec14 6-5OTL CBJ
Dec21 9-3L BUF
Dec27 4-2 OTT
Dec29 6-5OTL CBJ

BOS:
Dec7 3-1L BUF