Nashville Predators co-owner Herb Fritch looking for majority ownership stake?

MarkMM

Jan 30, 2010
Delta, BC
Probably a good idea for the team, s, it could be speculated that with the continuing economic challenges coming ahead, and the liquidity challenges David Freeman had in the past, Mr. Fritch may be the best (only?) one in a position to front the cash to help the team make the short-term investments needed to build a strong enough on-ice presence to make it financially strong off the ice. Whether he'd want to of course is up to him.

I've never heard a resolution of whether Brett Wilson was coming on board or not, it was a year ago or so that he last reported that things were going slowly but still going, they've resolved Boots' shares and refinanced their loan, is there anything else that needs to be cleaned up or is this just gone by the wayside? Wilson was Freeman's friend so maybe with Cigarran taking over there's less interest?

Ownership has made good management moves and made the right noises about being committed to investing in the team, but with the mysterious hesitancy of Weber to commit along with what appears to be little aggression by the team in spending on upgrading its offense, I wonder if the economic climate has made the ownership group gun-shy. If so, a deep-pocketed majority owner willing and able to buy out the reluctant owners would be a necessity.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
The last I heard about Wilson was over this past summer. Apparently, they are close, but still have some things to work out. I'll try to find some more info on that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad