GDT: Nashville Predators @ Anaheim Ducks

worstfaceoffmanever

These Snacks Are Odd
Jun 2, 2007
Fargo, ND
who cares, he's a ****ing 3rd liner at best. bring up watson

th_srslygtfo.gif

Hornqvist has led this team in goals two of the last three seasons.

We're in 7th right now, but that's because six teams behind us have a game in hand. We desperately need to start getting the full two points. Hopefully we can find our mojo in Phoenix...

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Not sure what's wrong with Rinne in the shootouts, but I'm sure he'll get it fixed. His record shows he can be a lot better than he has been this year.

Rinne hasn't been that bad(though he could be better)... if we had anyone who could convert we'd have won at least one of them...

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Except when we had Rads and Kariya, we've never really been built for shootouts. Well, offensively I should say. It's too bad but it's just something we have to deal with. Points are points and at the end of the season when they matter more and more each day, we'll look back on the beginning of the season and be glad we chalked up these points.

Nashvols

Jun 8, 2011
Nashville
Rinne hasn't been that bad(though he could be better)... if we had anyone who could convert we'd have won at least one of them...

I don't think Rinne has been particularly good in shootouts...but his career 75% save percentage really isn't bad at all.

I think you do correctly point out that the bigger issue has been the lack of ability for our guys to score. In order for us to win these shootouts with our current lack of scoring. Rinne would've had to be damn near perfect for us to win even one of those...and to be honest, that's too much to ask considering some of the shooters he's faced (Columbus aside).

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
We have been an average to good team in shoot outs the last few seasons, but mostly because we have been able to make one goal stand up.

Why trotz keeps going to Erat and Fisher is beyond me. Wilson, Kostitsyn, even Josi or Ellis seem like better options. I think they rely too heavily on going with prescouting and just shooting at the goaltender's weak spot.

Read this morning that the Preds are 11 for their last 70 in SO attempts. That's pretty brutal.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
We have been an average to good team in shoot outs the last few seasons, but mostly because we have been able to make one goal stand up.

Why trotz keeps going to Erat and Fisher is beyond me. Wilson, Kostitsyn, even Josi or Ellis seem like better options. I think they rely too heavily on going with prescouting and just shooting at the goaltender's weak spot.

Read this morning that the Preds are 11 for their last 70 in SO attempts. That's pretty brutal.
Fisher yeah but I'm okay with Erat in there. Erat is pretty good at hitting the top corners. One thing I've noticed about him over the years is he used to skate up at a snail's pace in a shootout and take his time to pick a spot. He seems to, well, not be doing that anymore.

Legwand has the same move every time and last night it seemed really weak. He didn't emphatically fake the forehand like usual. He just jerked his shoulders a little and that was that.

29dryden29

Jul 4, 2010
London Ont
I see him more as a mike fisher, two way garbage goal center. If you're hoping for Eric Staal, you're going to be disappointed.

You pretty much have hit the nail on the head. I watched him in London and he was a good 2 way centre his FO% wasn't great but he always tied his man up off the draw to negate their C getting free.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
I really thought we were going to win this game. But the better effort makes this loss somewhat easier to take. Actually, much better effort than thursday. Great goals by Yip and Legwand.

Last season Rinne was bad in the shootouts at the beginning of the year as well (remember the NJ game last year?), but then turned it around. It would help though if anyone felt like actually scoring in the shootout. Legwand is the only player to score for us so far this year. Legwand!

Hornqvist's injury looked nasty. Hope for the best (but only semi-prepared for the worst) and a full recovery!! He's our yappy little ball of energy out there, hope we have some guys that will step up for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad