Speculation: Nashville Predators - All Time Team?

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Just for fun:

Martin Erat - David Legwand - Paul Kariya
Jean Pierre Dumont - Cliff Ronning - Steve Sullivan
Scott Walker - Jason Arnott - Patric Hornqvist
Scott Hartnell - Greg Johnson - Patric Kjellberg

Shea Weber - Kimmo Timmonen
Marek Zidlicky - Dan Hamhuis
Roman Josi - Karlis Skrastins

Tomas Vokoun
Pekka Rinne

(All in their prime)

How would this team do in todays NHL?

"How can you have him with ..." and "Why do you not pick ..." I look forward to a scary aha experience of having missed the big names that should have been included.

Feel free to make your own all-time team....

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
you left out Suter on defense. He bumps Timonen tothe second pair with hamhuis and Zids and Josi as 3rd pair with Skrastins as the extra defenseman

and even though Johnson was an icon here I would probably want No-Panic Yanic Perreault as my fourth line center for PK's and faceoffs and Vern Fiddler instead of Kjellberg for the same reason

and if you are implying that Vokoun in his prime starts ahead of Rinne in his prime we will have to agree to disagree

Last edited:

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Yeah, his time here was short but Peter Forsberg is going to top our list of centers.

Kariya - Forsberg - Sullivan
Dumont - Arnott - Radulov
Hartnell - Legwand - Hornqvist
Erat - Fisher - Ronning

Enforcer line
Grimson - Belak - McGrattan
pest line
Tootoo-Nystrom-Walker

Weber - Suter
Timonen - Josi
Hamhuis - Zidlicky

Rinne
Vokoun

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Yeah, his time here was short but Peter Forsberg is going to top our list of centers.

Kariya - Forsberg - Sullivan
Dumont - Arnott - Radulov
Erat - Fisher - Ronning

Enforcer line
Grimson - Belak - McGrattan
pest line
Tootoo-Nystrom-Walker

Weber - Suter
Timonen - Josi
Hamhuis - Zidlicky

Rinne
Vokoun

Dear god that enforcement line...

#7 defenseman, Karlis

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
Nice thread these are always fun, heres my go:

Kariya - Forsberg - Radulov
Dumont - Arnott - Sullivan
Erat - Perreault - Walker
Gaustad

Suter - Weber
Timonen - Zidlicky
Hamhuis - Jones (yep that's right)
Josi

Rinne
Vokoun

Honorable Mentions: Kevin Klein, Greg Johnson, Karlis Skrastins, Mike Fisher, Craig Smith, Mike Dunham, Tootoo.

The defense was harder than I thought it would be, I know we are considered a team that develops defense, but man I feel like we don't get enough recognition.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
No speculation.

Scott Hartnell-David Legwand-Martin Erat
Paul Kariya-Jason Arnott-Steve Sullivan
Vitali Yachmenev-Greg Johnson-Scott Walker
Sergei Kostitsyn-Cliff Ronning-J.P. Dumont

Patric Hornqvist, Mike Fisher and (just to tick off Abaddon) Patric Kjellberg

Shea Weber-Kimmo Timonen
Ryan Suter-Marek Zidlicky
Dan Hamhuis-Drake Berehowsky

Roman Josi

And...

Pekka Rinne/Tomas Vokoun (which, if you think about it, could very well be a possible goalie combo in the future if the Pens don't re-sign Vokie, and Hutton is traded for prospects...)

Captain would be a fight between Weber and Johnson. Weber deserves the C, though. Walker would be the second A.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
My Nashville history is awful, but is Hamhuis/Zidlicky > Josi true?

I'd say they were about even, maybe I'd go 1. Hammy 2.Josi 3. Zidlicky at the moment. I often forget how good Zidlicky was for us offensively at least. I think the biggest factor is longevity, but in a season or two Josi could be considered the better of the three.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Josi last season was better than either were for Nashville in a single season. Only Weber, Suter and Timonen had better individual seasons.

Offensively, Zidlicky was better but Josi played better in both ends.

jwhouk

Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
Oh, don't go into single-seasons. I couldn't figure that one out.

The one person who I think is incredibly under-rated in Preds history is Vitali Yachmenev. He was a great talent for this team when it was trying to gain its legs. I think he ended up being lost in the great purge that happened after The Season From Hell (aka 2002-03), and didn't get a chance to play for the Preds in the playoffs.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Rinne Vokoun are the goalies.

Defense, Sweet jesus what a problem to have. Can we have a 30 man roster and man 5 pairings? :laugh:

Forward. Depends on if you count Forsberg's cup of coffee....

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Oh, don't go into single-seasons. I couldn't figure that one out.

The one person who I think is incredibly under-rated in Preds history is Vitali Yachmenev. He was a great talent for this team when it was trying to gain its legs. I think he ended up being lost in the great purge that happened after The Season From Hell (aka 2002-03), and didn't get a chance to play for the Preds in the playoffs.

sorry Joe but those expansion era guys only looked good because they were on a bad team. If Yach had been that good someone else would have picked him up but he washed out of the league when his time in nashville was over. (plus he maxed out at 16 goals… not exactly "all-time" material)

and Rake Barelyhockey was good but not anywhere near top 6 all time for this franchise.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
kariya - legwand - erat
Sullivan - forsberg - radulov
Hartnell - arnott - dumont
Tootoo - Fisher - walker

Weber - Suter
Jones - Josi
Timonen - Zidlicky

Rinne
Vokoun

jwhouk

Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
Not a large enough body of work for Jonesy to be included at the moment, IMNSHO.

The other thing you need to realize, Doc, is that Yachy was getting a bit on the old side in '03. Yeah, he played six-seven more seasons in the KHL, but that was the KHL.

zeropotentate

Dec 4, 2012
Ontario
Are we going like prime of all time sort of deal, or what they did for the team? Sure, Forsberg was one of the best talents we've ever seen, but only played 17 games for us.

He makes the first list no doubt, he'd make the Flyers and Avalanche's list as well, but the second, what they did for the team, can you really add him reasonably?

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Are we going like prime of all time sort of deal, or what they did for the team? Sure, Forsberg was one of the best talents we've ever seen, but only played 17 games for us.

He makes the first list no doubt, he'd make the Flyers and Avalanche's list as well, but the second, what they did for the team, can you really add him reasonably?
I took the

All in their prime

to mean based on talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad