GDT: nashville predators (8-6-2) at NEW JERSEY DEVILS (4-7-5)

njdss4

Mar 7, 2011
Anaheim
I think the Preds GDT guy nailed it. Two teams that can't score. 1-0 NSH in a SO. It fits perfectly. NJ will make the backup look like a Vezina winner, they'll get plenty of possession and get nothing.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
we're just so inept offensively, it's kind of sad really. DeBoer's system is very effective when it has players with elite skill to run it, but with this hodge podge of 2nd-3rd line tweeners, it's just hopeless when it comes to converting on offense.

Kevo18

Jan 11, 2011
Two low scoring defensive teams, nashvilles back up and Marty in net?
We score five so we can continue the narrative of "Cory gets no goal support" and Nashville scores six because that's how it works when you're the devils.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
we're just so inept offensively, it's kind of sad really. DeBoer's system is very effective when it has players with elite skill to run it, but with this hodge podge of 2nd-3rd line tweeners, it's just hopeless when it comes to converting on offense.

Dude with DeBoer's system and with two elite players they were still a middle of the pack offensive team.

DeBoer must have been given the longest leash in Devils' team history.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Go Devils!

I'll only be watching the first hour, so score all ze goals fast!
Ugh I'll be turning on the Sharks game if things go south with this one.
Dude with DeBoer's system and with two elite players they were still a middle of the pack offensive team.

To be fair, they were still learning a new system that year. I think as the season went on our scoring became more frequent, but I could be wrong. Seemed we needed much fewer shootout victories towards the end of that season. Marty was also one of the best in the league for the second half of that year, despite people not wanting to give him any credit for that season. So maybe the scoring really didn't increase.

At this point it's like watching a rodeo or something. Pin a team in for like a minute or two at a time, score 0 goals. Like JK3 said, low percentage perimeter shots.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens

the team also made it to the cup final

this is the one of the worst devils teams in terms of talent i've ever had to watch.

they ****ing stink offensively. no coach can help that.

jagrgodr

Sep 24, 2006

wow that is just an amazing clip. I love how it's fox, and they are playing right into the drama of the fans hating bettman.. its like he is a wrestling villain.

Also it's amazing that he has been getting S from fans since 1995, so funny! That video could have been from 2012

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Nice to hear Thunderstruck at a Devils game again, even if it's just one of the warmup songs and not the intro.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->