GDT: Nashville Predators (7-3-4 18 PTS) vs Anaheim Ducks (10-2-1 21 PTS) | 2-16-13 | 7:00

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Wow, felt like a win for the Preds yet somehow they lost. So many good things happened in this game that they deserved two points. Thoroughly outplayed the Ducks, but again with giving up a goal right after the score one.

Rinne just isn't built for the shootout, I feel like he's almost too big to recover in a shootout situation.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Preds outshoot the ducks 34-22 and score 2 goals and lose in the shootout. They had the opportunities but Fasth was good. Rinne a little too aggressive on that shootout. We still get a point though but it was one we could have won in regulation or OT if we could score on the PP.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Fasth won that game for the Ducks.

We generated quality chances ... we got shots on goal ... we played a pretty solid defensive game ... owned the dot ... PK was on ... the PP didn't score but the follow on from the first opportunity led to a goal and we got a few quality looks for a change. I'm happy with the overall play, disappointed with the result. Peks has lost his shootout mojo lately (.619 this season before tonight's game, .700 last season, .794 the season before), but, if we play like that game in, game out it isn't a skill he'll need very often.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Caught the game at a bar. Much better passing and forechecking. Frustrating to get the loss, a point against the second or third best team in the league isn't too bad.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
In baseball there are many instances where a rookie pitcher gets off to a hot start then cools off once every team has had a couple of looks at him. Will be interesting to see if this happens to Fasth or if a truly great goalie somehow didn't make it to the league until he was 30.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver

We generated quality chances ... we got shots on goal ... we played a pretty solid defensive game ... owned the dot ... PK was on ... the PP didn't score but the follow on from the first opportunity led to a goal and we got a few quality looks for a change. I'm happy with the overall play, disappointed with the result. Peks has lost his shootout mojo lately (.619 this season before tonight's game, .700 last season, .794 the season before), but, if we play like that game in, game out it isn't a skill he'll need very often.

This basically saves me the write-up time; agree with everything. We did have some major defensive lapses in the first and second that Rinne covered up nicely. Smith once again looked driven and solid; he's got a fire in him lately and has made some great one on one or one on two moves to enter the zone. His two-way play may not be the best out there, but I think he is slowly developing into something we need badly: a skilled forward who can make his own shots without a dump and chase or pass around the wheel / cycle.

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
A rarity: a game we dominate and deserve 2 points but lose. Usually it's the other way around for us. Now we know how that feels again. I wasn't upset at all leaving the arena last night. Preds played solid and I was happy with the team effort. Every point counts.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Only caught bits and pieces of the game but that shootout goal by Smith was filthy. Hope that gets him going a bit.

roseyc

Mar 23, 2010

I agree too with what you said. We got a point could/should have had two but as you said Fasth didn't allow anymore easy ones to slip through. But Smith had the game on his stick and shot quickly and eliminated a great chance into routine. He had more time than he thought and that in a nutshell is his problem. He is chasing the game instead of slowing the game down and maybe that will come with experience. On the play he could have stopped and tried to make a play but just shot. The play that seem to be there was to make a move to the inside. Erat all game long had chances and couldn't lift the puck. But overall the team is moving in the right direction. Weber getting off the snide when the game is said and done is the most important thing and getting back to contributing to the offense is imparitive
We are not scoring many goals but it doesn't inhibit us; we seem to accept it and move on and that in the case against the Shark just wore them down and into frustration abysmal. That is usually the type of game that wins Cups anyways and the sooner a team learn to accept their role in that system they continue into the next round and the next etc. We are the modern day Jersey Devils not with the trap and all but play defense and captilize on the other teams mistakes. We get chances and we can create our own chances but most of the time we can't finish. Fisher has become the Culprit this year and joined Erat and Legwand and SK. I think we are one offensive scorer away from being a solid team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad